Glacier Peak

Hi

Decided to take a trip from an upcoming airport, Darrington,  in TE US Washington and would like to ask a question about my photo.

Is this Glacier Peak and White Chuck Basin.The Washington scenery is just fantastic.

29nkFFp.jpg

Kind regards

Ian S

A beautiful image Ian.

Fantastic scenery isn't it.

I had a look on GE and it looks like Glacier Peak but the other feature they name it as Milk Lake.

This remains on the site of the Milk Lake Glacier which melted between 1984 to 1997.

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

A beautiful image Ian.

Fantastic scenery isn't it.

I had a look on GE and it looks like Glacier Peak but the other feature they name it as Milk Lake.

This remains on the site of the Milk Lake Glacier which melted between 1984 to 1997.

Thanks for info. The enjoyment I get from Orbx scenery is immense as I am no longer able to visit other parts of the world and the fact that I can still visit other countries using (almost) real scenery gives me great satisfaction

Great shot! Flying these gargantuan mountain ranges is incredible when you think how few if any people have experienced being there and there it is right below you (hopefully!) in great detail. Very convincing. Magic moments everywhere. Happy flights!

8 hours ago, Museumkeeper said:

s this Glacier Peak and White Chuck Basin.The Washington scenery is just fantastic.

Hi Ian, small world, ain't it! (about 4096 pixels in my case). I was just flying over this very point (in that imaginary way we do) yesterday evening and LittleNavMap certainly has it labelled as Glacier Peak. Actually, I was coming from the opposite direction (Grand Coulee area) so we probably passed each other!

1 hour ago, BobT said:

Great shot! Flying these gargantuan mountain ranges is incredible when you think how few if any people have experienced being there and there it is right below you (hopefully!) in great detail. Very convincing. Magic moments everywhere. Happy flights!

Thanks Bob

15 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Hi Ian, small world, ain't it! (about 4096 pixels in my case). I was just flying over this very point (in that imaginary way we do) yesterday evening and LittleNavMap certainly has it labelled as Glacier Peak. Actually, I was coming from the opposite direction (Grand Coulee area) so we probably passed each other!

Thanks Andy, didn’t see you

Archived