Orbx Libraries is killing my X Plane

paulk

Hi

Im so confused, I've used Orbx products for years and love them and have never had a problem with them.

I moved across to X Plane 11recently and installed the GB TE Products and other airports via FTX Central all worked fine. 

I had trouble installing TE Washington and had to manually download to get it to work. Since then I've deleted FTX Central as per Nicks guidance read me file and reinstalled it.

Ive tried all weekend to try and install EGNX and the updated Libraries. Again I had to manually download both. I sort of got EGNX working once, then it died on next PC power up. The Libraries seem to take ages to install then kill X Plane totally, if I select an airport etc, X Plane just locks up without loading. 

Now thinking of wiping the Hard Drive and starting again.

Can anyone help me please.

@paulk Is this last post of yours after you installed the scenery_packs.ini that @Nick Cooper reworked for you? Orbx libraries will not kill XP. Something else is going on and we need to determine what it is. No need to wipe your hard drive. You could try verifying your Orbx addon files first to see if there are elements that are missing. Having done that then try a a flight again, assuming you have managed to install the OrbxLibrary and inserted the scsenry_packs.ini Nick supplied you.

If you still have problems then report back and i will provide additional suggestions. Looking at your PC specs they are similar to mine and i have no problems at all with either XP nor any Orbx addon and get very good smooth flight and FPS (30+ over central London for example on almost max settings in 4K)

Just to update, thanks for your kind offer of help. I’ve spent many hours this weekend and got nowhere with it. Orbx Library was taking over 45mins to install and then it didn’t work.

Ive Gone for the reformat SDD option and am now installing all again. So far I’ve installed X Plane 11 and Orbx Library went in, in seconds so it proves I must of had a fault somewhere. Luckily I’ve spare time this week so thought I would go ahead and do it.

Ive only got Orbx Addons plus a weather and shader program so hopefully it shouldn’t take too long to install. All the TE Scenery I have I downloaded last night so am able to select manual zip option for the install.

Something went wrong somewhere, sometimes it’s better to bite the bullet and start again. A clean install is good.

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again for you concerned reply and offer of help. I love the Orbx forum for that.

Hi

For anyone following this, I am pleased to say that a reformat of my SSD and a total reinstall of everything has fixed all my problems.

I am now back up to speed and FTX Central works perfectly.

I actually think I had a fault on my 2 month old SSD and a reformat seems to have fixed everything.

I am very happy now.

Archived