Correct Scenery.ini with Orbx TE Scenery installed

paulk

8 hours ago, paulk said:

Thank you Nick you are very kind, out of interest I'm trying to install Libraries where would I enter that?

Place it anywhere but I suggest you place it at the bottom of the scenery_packs.ini. Libraries can be placed in theory anywhere as they do not impact the layering structure. However, additional libraries are required for many of the high quality freeware airports and other scenery addons developed and released by talented XP users and it is highly recommended to keep all the libraries together and near the bottom of the .ini.

Scenery_packs.ini layering structure is very simple and does need checking after installing additional addons.

From top down:

3rd party airports

Sceneries like TEGB/Washington

Additional scenery enhancements

Libraries (including Orbxlibs)

Ortho4xp Overlays

Ortho4xp

3rd party mesh.

Not all of the above are relevant in your case but maybe in the future as you expand your XP addon database.

As you will see from the .ini you submitted, it did not follow the correct layering sequence at all.

Nick reworked it for you correctly.

Just to advise after a reformat of my SSD and a reinstall of X Plane 11 and all my Orbx TE Products and add on airports etc has fixed all my problems. Even the Scenery.packs.ini seem to write in the correct order.

Thanks for your input Nick and jjaycee1 

7 hours ago, paulk said:

Just to advise after a reformat of my SSD and a reinstall of X Plane 11 and all my Orbx TE Products and add on airports etc has fixed all my problems. Even the Scenery.packs.ini seem to write in the correct order.

Thanks for your input Nick and jjaycee1 

Good news.

Archived