Bad FPS Britain Xplane

garack

Hi i recently bought all Britain Scenerys. Look great but compared to the rest Of Europe it cost me 10 FPS.

The Rest of Europe is Xeurope2 with my own ZL16/17 Orhto4Xp tiles and xhavens landmarks and lots of landmarks from other sources.

only in Britain i have 10 FPS less..

This is with SSD 2 TB 4790k@4.5 16 GB Ram2400 1080TI. When i look around in a flight the sim slightly stutters a bit. Never had that even in Germany with lots

of custom Buildings and big cities.

how  can i improve this? More ram?

4 hours ago, garack said:

Your .ini looks fine although I have moved the Orbx Needles folder above Global Airports because the install process puts it in the wrong place.

Just a note that i see you have the London Landmarks disabled but to get the proper result of London in TEGB South this file should be enabled and placed above the TEGB entries. Maybe you disabled it to see if it improved your FPS. The only other suggestion i have is that the 2 TEGB areas that have had service packs issued ( South & Central) included new PBR autogen which can affect FPS. If you look in the Overlay folder of those 2 addons, you will see two entries for autogen: autogen & autogen_old. You could try using the non PBR version. You would do this by isolating temporarily the folder labelled autogen. You then rename autogen_old to just autogen. Rename your isolated autogen folder to read autogen_old and place back into Custom scenery or leave it stored somewhere if you want to reintroduce it.

Finally, the TEGB series is very detailed and full of custom objects and autogen so will be quite demanding. I also have most of Western Europe in Orth4xp and use X-Europe as the overlay and can fly with very high FPS. TEGB is different and more demanding.

scenery_packs.ini

Thanks for you tipps and help. I want to stay with the better autogen. The stutter is weird and its not in the rest of Europe. I guess you need 32 GBRAM to fly TEGB without stutter , what you think? 

7 hours ago, garack said:

Thanks for you tipps and help. I want to stay with the better autogen. The stutter is weird and its not in the rest of Europe. I guess you need 32 GBRAM to fly TEGB without stutter , what you think? 

No not really needing 32Gb of RAM but that would help i assume. The detail in the TEGB addons is far greater than X-Europe offers although X-Europe performs a great Overlay service versus for example the typical Ortho4xp overlay, and therefore is more demanding than the Ortho and X-Europe combo.

If you are interested I can explain how to do a lean install of a 2nd copy of XP which can be dedicated to TEGB and may well help in improving your experience regarding FPS etc. Your current install would remain as is so you could fly around the world/Europe etc including TEGB, and your new install would be for you flying just within GB. The new install would be free of all other addons that may be having a slightly negative impact.

If you want to try my suggestion, then best we do it through a PM rather than clutter up this forum.

Something is up with TEGB. It also costs me at least 10fps and no other scenery hits my frames as hard as TEGB. It causes stutter while panning the camera and, gut feeling based on years of simming, some of the 3d models and/or textures have not been optimised and are causing these stutters. I'd bet money on it.

I used Tony's UK Pro before with my own Ortho and had much better performance. I know that TEGB uses more 3d models but it looks worse than my own Ortho and could probably be better optimised. It's a shame because after losing all my Ortho in a HD crash, I was really hoping that TEGB and TEUSA would be the perfect solution. It's ok but performance is everything in a flight sim, so looks should always be balanced with performance. If ORBX wanted to save money streaming the huge files, they could have found better solutions than compressing the textures and using sharpening, it doesn't look very natural compared to ForkBoy's Orthos or the textures that you can create yourself for free, with a lot of patience and time.

2 hours ago, toby23 said:

Something is up with TEGB. It also costs me at least 10fps and no other scenery hits my frames as hard as TEGB. It causes stutter while panning the camera and, gut feeling based on years of simming, some of the 3d models and/or textures have not been optimised and are causing these stutters. I'd bet money on it.

I used Tony's UK Pro before with my own Ortho and had much better performance. I know that TEGB uses more 3d models but it looks worse than my own Ortho and could probably be better optimised. It's a shame because after losing all my Ortho in a HD crash, I was really hoping that TEGB and TEUSA would be the perfect solution. It's ok but performance is everything in a flight sim, so looks should always be balanced with performance. If ORBX wanted to save money streaming the huge files, they could have found better solutions than compressing the textures and using sharpening, it doesn't look very natural compared to ForkBoy's Orthos or the textures that you can create yourself for free, with a lot of patience and time.

Funny how other people including myself have no trouble running this scenery and I have not got a fantastic computer. Perhaps it would help if you enclosed your comp specs, you never know it might help as you need at least 16gb of memory. Derek.

Even if i deactivate all other scenarios and plugins i get a stuttering TEGB with ten less FPS , thats weird. TEGB takes all my Vram (11GB) , no other Scenery does, and no other stutters..

When i move the camera its began to stutter.

Thanks for the offer yyacee1 but i have not more room on my 1,5TB SSD plus i need to fly both europe and Britain mostly ( economy sim flytheworld ).

so whats going on here, vram problem?

If you have not tried this it is well worth giving it a try. Particularly the FPS control  menu to dial down the LOD radius. Use "user mode". Those millions of trees and buildings can easily bog things down and really we don't need those 3D objects right out to the horizon.

I'm running and i5 7600K and a 1070 8GB  32GB ram and get smooth frames in the 30's or better everywhere TE GB and Washington. (OK most of the time I don't count frames unless I am investigating something) but I am very happy with the performance. Cheers

I already use 3jfps wizard have spent some time too with optimizing xplane. Shadows off, some datetef water tweaks, refl. off. But even with lod very low tegb is giving me 21 FPS over london and in other Britain areas max 32. with my custom ortho, lots of vrf buildings and xeurope i get 40 in germany and 30 in heavy cities.

i mean with my system that has to be a bug. Some lods not working on buildings? 

Then theres the stutter, never experienced that.i can only uninstall TEGB and download Orthos for Britain..money wasted.

13 hours ago, garack said:

I already use 3jfps wizard have spent some time too with optimizing xplane. Shadows off, some datetef water tweaks, refl. off. But even with lod very low tegb is giving me 21 FPS over london and in other Britain areas max 32. with my custom ortho, lots of vrf buildings and xeurope i get 40 in germany and 30 in heavy cities.

i mean with my system that has to be a bug. Some lods not working on buildings? 

Then theres the stutter, never experienced that.i can only uninstall TEGB and download Orthos for Britain..money wasted.

Hi, sorry but I think something is either wrong with your configuration or your hardware. I have the same processor, RAM and graphics card as you and my results are much better. I am able to support 45fps for VR everywhere except for London.

I have had experiences in the past where due to Xplane running CPU heavy it causes it to generate a lot of heat. If you're processor is overheating it could be throttling back which would explain your stutters. May be worth checking out.

CPU is fine and coldB) since years in every game and it's on 4.5 All time.i monitor  that.

FPS are still bad in GB but I solved the stutter. My texture sliders was up cause my 1080ti does not need compression( which cost some CPU time that's why it's off). But in GB I need that 11GB. So no stutter anymore.

But FPS Problem stays. 

• 2 weeks later...

29 FPS some Times with monster pc when fly overGB.even with 32GB 4133 9900k nvme SSD...Ok with asxp und uwxp but without GB true earth and ortho zl 16 and xeurope i have plus 20 fps..time to optimize True Earth

Archived