Gisborne Airport New Zealand

I have just downloaded and installed the above scenery.  However, on beginning the take off run, on the main runway heading West, with the Maule aircraft, I get up to about 29 knots and the computer freezes.  I have tried the same combination at other airfields and no problem, only with the new Gisborne Air port.  Anyone else found this problem?

Transaction ID: 5d184001436bd

Quantity purchased: 1

I have not been able to get more than somewhere around 50 metres, with either the Maule or the Beechcraft 200 V2 , either on the runway or leaving the apron with this airport selected. The scenery is very good, it would be better if I could take off and have a look around.

No, not an aircraft crash, the whole frame just freezes. I have tried to taxi of the  terminal parking with the Maule and the Beechcraft 200 V2, and only get about 30 metres and the  same problem, everything freezes., the picture looks very good until it freezes.  I downloaded the Whangarei Airport at the same time and using the same aircraft have had no problems.

Just as an aside, the Gisborne airport scenery, in the background behind the terminal building is a Fletcher FU23 on a plinth.  It is an aircraft I flew for a few years in the early seventies, if you use a magnifying glass the registration is still visible BWV

No, the scenery from the Gisborne download is very accurate, especially around the terminal area.  I have now disabled the crash detection facility, and the simulator is working very well, no freezes.   I have only just returned to flight simming after a break concentrating on radio controlled model flight, and had forgotten about the requirement to disable crash detection in New Zealand scenery.    Why this problem had not arisen in any other scenery from Orbx, Milford Sound, North Island, South Island and Whangarei Airport is a mystery.

Anyway disabling crash detection has solved the problem with the Gisborne Airport scenery so many thanks for that suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting this on the tarmac runway with any aircraft I load.

They load with the tires sunk into the tarmac, not to hub level, but enough that you notice your not on top of  the tarmac surface. 

Take off & after maybe 5 seconds get the 'Crash' screen which is a side shot, frozen screen,  & the word Crash.

P3D then wants to reload.

I have checked all my other Orbx NZ airfields & some non Orbx, NZGS is the only one where this happens.

Have reinstalled NZ North Island  once & Gisborne twice, & run Vector. No change to the outcome.

I will check the "Crash Detection' setting, thanks for that Nick,  that will probably fix it, but something is not quite right at NZGS.

I think the sunken tires are a clue. Here's what it looks like.

jk9Qiqt.jpg

Unticking Crash Detection has the aircraft loading as above. It will now take off, but aesthetically not the best as it proceeds down the runway with the wheels sunken as above. Perhaps a slight elevation tweak might fix it??

TTM

Yep TigerTigerM I have this as well. My tyres are sunk into the tarmac and as I taxi on runway 32 I get dirt effects. I thought I must have another NZGS hidden away but can only find ORBX/FTX files. I have NZ NI and NZ SI with this airport (and lots of others from ORBX). I also note that in this and a number of others shadows do not show on taxiways and runways but do show on the grass verges.

NZGS.JPG

NZGS2.JPG

Archived