TE Washington Bad Quality Graphic

monpol

Dear all,

The graphic quality of my TE Wasgington Area is as follow.

IS this the real quality of product (which is graphically way below TE England that I have) or is there is a problem with my installation

Your help is really appreciated to solve my problem.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I have also attached my scenery pack file.

Regards

H.S

image.png

scenery_packs.ini

I'd have no idea why you are seeing screen output such as this.  Just check out the Screen Shot forum...and there are hundreds of grabs that should show you what we are getting.  Certainly not this...that actually looks like synthetic textures...like P3D or FSX....

Dear Ian

Thank you very much for your help.

I really appreciated your support.

By the way, can you resend the .ini file that you sort out

it seems it is unavailable.

Thanks gain.

Best Regards

Halit

Dear Ian,

thanks again for the file. Just tried it in Skagit area and the result is as below.

Is the problem still persisting in your opinion? What do you think? (seems to me anot correct compared to TE England.)

Im thinking to reinstall the product now. 

Is there any way to reinstall it without downloading again whole files?

image.thumb.png.d1ff77d048c65f6713e94d1af9a5b42e.png

That looks like a poor attempt at snow textures ,,do you have XEnviro 1.1 running or any plugin for winter textures installed? There is something in your Custom scenery or Plugin folder that is causing this.

Dear Nick

After a new install which was not worked as you mentioned I deleted xambiance as suggested Val067 but it does not solved the problem. 

Following this I disabled HDR and changed my settings as follow and it solved the problem.

SO HDR slide should remains in 0 or Could I apply a certain amount of HDR?

What is the optimum graphic settings?

Thanks again.

image.thumb.png.c11987f35a1c14d2fe23abb1411d5be7.png

Hello,

I am not the expert on X Plane 11 but I am guessing that you still have software

that has drastically amended the way that your HDR mode displays everything.

Perhaps you could disable any of your addons that might be causing that until you can

see the scenery in HDR mode as it is intended?

You can  also remove all of your plugins from the plugins folder. They do not have to be deleted or uninstalled. Just move them temporarily to a mother folder or the desktop.  If this works, reintroduce previously removed plugins one by one to find the offender.

Did you try Cwither's suggestion above? Although looking at your log it doesn't appear to be a conflict with some plugin (or at least you don't seem to have any environmental plugins installed)

The fact that you drop your settings down below HDR and the problem goes away would suggest to me a driver problem and a bug in X-Plane? Is it just the Skagit area effected, or is the entire state look bright white like this? 

Dear Tony,

I tried Cwither' suggession but it doesnt work. It is not only Skagit area but its whole PNW Washongton Area. However there is no problem for the TE British Areas.

Just for your information, I have updated my nvidia driver and tried to run. The problem is still persisting.

@monpol Interestingly I'm now seeing similar on my Macbook Pro (really bright/white imagery) and I think I've found the culprit, xVision

Basically, I ran the X-Plane 11 installer and it removed the shaders xVision applied and my imagery was back to normal, I ran xVision and used the "impressive" set, and all the imagery was white again. Do you have xVision, can you please try the above?

Dear Tony,

I dont have xenviro but I have Xvision.

So the step should neet be taken will be as follow? Could you kindly confirm?

1) Reinstall Xplane

2)Open Xvision

3)Apply Impressive shader

Thanks again

Sorry, I actually meant xEnviro....

Please don't reinstall X-Plane, just do the following:

1) Download https://www.x-plane.com/kb/digital-download-install/ 

2) Run the installer and point it at your existing X-Plane, allow it to update.. It will remove the shaders applied by xVision

3) Run X-Plane, confirm the whiteness has gone

4) Apply Impressive Shader

5) Run X-Plane, confirm the whiteness has come back

haders integrity OK
---------------------------------------- Current configuration: ---------------------------------------------------
xVision version: 1.21
X-Plane directory: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11 (11.0.34.0 build detected)
Shaders cache directory: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Output\shadercache
FlightWithLua plugin not found.
Sim resources primary backup directory: [D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Xvision\BACKUP]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Xvision\11.30_Classic.xvs loaded
Restoring resources from backup:
Restoring shaders from backup...
    Shader backup D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Xvision\BACKUP\Resources\shaders\experimental.glsl has been restored to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\shaders\experimental.glsl
    Shader backup D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Xvision\BACKUP\Resources\shaders\new_scattering.glsl has been restored to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\shaders\new_scattering.glsl
    Shader backup D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Xvision\BACKUP\Resources\shaders\cloud_puffs.glsl has been restored to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\shaders\cloud_puffs.glsl
    Shader backup D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Xvision\BACKUP\Resources\shaders\hdr.glsl has been restored to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\shaders\hdr.glsl
    Shader backup D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Xvision\BACKUP\Resources\shaders\deferred_frag.glsl has been restored to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\shaders\deferred_frag.glsl
    Shader backup D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Xvision\BACKUP\Resources\shaders\dome.glsl has been restored to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\shaders\dome.glsl
    Shader backup D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Xvision\BACKUP\Resources\shaders\legacy3d.glsl has been restored to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\shaders\legacy3d.glsl
    Shader backup D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Xvision\BACKUP\Resources\shaders\legacy2d.glsl has been restored to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\shaders\legacy2d.glsl
    Shader backup D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Xvision\BACKUP\Resources\shaders\light_vert.glsl has been restored to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\shaders\light_vert.glsl
    Shader backup D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Xvision\BACKUP\Resources\shaders\rain.glsl has been restored to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\shaders\rain.glsl
    Shader backup D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Xvision\BACKUP\Resources\shaders\particle.glsl has been restored to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\shaders\particle.glsl
    Processing shader directories...
    All files from backup [D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Xvision\BACKUP\Resources\shaders\bin\glsl120\] restored to [D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\shaders\bin\]
    All files from backup [D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Xvision\BACKUP\Resources\shaders\bin\glsl130\] restored to [D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\shaders\bin\]
    All files from backup [D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Xvision\BACKUP\Resources\shaders\bin\glsl150\] restored to [D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\shaders\bin\]
All files from backup [D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Xvision\BACKUP\Resources\bitmaps\skycolors\] restored to [D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\bitmaps\]
All files from backup [D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Xvision\BACKUP\Resources\bitmaps\world\] restored to [D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\bitmaps\]
Resources restored successfully

Are you sure, it still looks like xVision is still working (from the sky colour and mist)?

I can confirm xVision is causing it for me, and not only is it making everything really bright white, it's doing very weird things with shadows and blocky textures that I can see exactly on your screenshot.

OK, so try this (although it's a bit of a pain for you):

1. Take the Custom Scenery folder and move it somewhere else safe.

2. Completely delete X-Plane and all its settings etc and reinstall X-Plane 11 from Steam (just skip installing any global scenery for now)

3. Copy back in the Custom Scenery and overwrite the one it creates

This should remove all the shaders being applied by xVision and restore it back to what it was.

Archived