Bug Report - TE - Washington - Red splotches all over Cascades

Tony, I saw at another forum you requesting information on this bug

Load up at S88 (Skykomish State Airport) and it's due east a few miles. The red splatter covers a pretty decent area

V197A6E.jpg

Here is the same area from Google Maps satellite view

Pb1FxCz.png

Ok... Interesting.. After seeing the last two posts I decided to dig further as to what the heck it is.. I first thought early autumn trees turning colors?

Nope

Turns out... It's... Huckleberry bushes...   Who knew Orbx scenery would teach us about nature???!!

Change this topic to Solved!

hyDBk5a.jpg

1F7Vq7t.jpg

1 hour ago, styckx said:

Ok... Interesting.. After seeing the last two posts I decided to dig further as to what the heck it is.. I first thought early autumn trees turning colors?

Nope

Turns out... It's... Huckleberry bushes...   Who knew Orbx scenery would teach us about nature???!!

Change this topic to Solved!

I think you're right. I live in a forested area of the Kitsap peninsula (west side of Puget Sound) and they're still ripening here, but that's the color and look from altitude. I can see them from the window of my library and simpit room.  On the other hand, some of those sunny, higher slopes seem to not be ideal habitat for them as I've seem them almost entirely in the coastal belt, but you never know.

Archived