TE Wash installation problems

After all three TEGB parts had been downloaded and installed without a problem, I was confident that this would be the same with TEWash. Unfortunately this doesn’t seem to be the case.

Before I started downloading yesterday at around 11:00 am, I made sure that I had sufficient disk space available, which was the case. After the product had been “downloaded”, the “installation” process started. A couple of hours later I saw that the product was now being “extracted”. Again, a couple of hours later the product was being “converted”.

At 6 am this morning, the converting process was at 37%:

Wash-5.jpg

A few minutes ago, at 12 noon the converting process was at 56%. This is now 25 hours after I had started downloading:

Wash-6.jpg

I’m sure that I have done something wrong. Would you advice to stop the process and start from scratch again, or what should I do, because it seems to be stuck at 56%?

It took 8 hours for my system Bernd starting 8am EST yesterday.

From memory there were about 19,000 files to convert & that took about 4 of the 8 hours.

Perhaps a lot of buyers are piling onto it thereby loading up the servers?

I think if your at 56% in another hour I would abort & try again.

TTM

33 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

I think if your at 56% in another hour I would abort & try again.

TTM

Many thanks TTM!

Two and a half hours later I'm now at 84%. So I think it's best to hang on and wait 

I am having install issues as well but more along the lines of what is discussed in this forum post (see below).  It takes several hours to install and I am getting the "error, could not load image for terrain."  I have verified the files 3 times now and still get the same issue.  I have noticed that although the file count increases each time in "custom scenery/orbx_c_us_washington_te_orthos/terrain folder, I am only at about 21,000 files instead of the 26,690 he mentions.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I will keep re-verifying, but this seems a bit ridiculous to me.  I am new to Xplane as I bought it only for this Washington scenery.  My past is with P3D so I am out of my element trying to troubleshoot what is going on.

I had a 162 gb free when I started.  I see now later in the thread that my drive is not big enough for the fully installed 207 gb.  That is a bummer.  I wish I had seen that earlier before I bought it....it is pretty clear on the product page now that I have read it.  I was looking forward to it and just clicked on it in FTX Central.  My bad.  If I was to try and move things around, can this be installed on a separate drive from Xplane?

Just to let you know, Nick. I had finished my conversion process finally around four hours ago. No idea, why it took so long, that had never happened before with any of my ORBX installs. Now everything is working fine and as I had already mentioned in my first post here, I had sufficient disc space for both the download and installation ;) 

Nick,

I see scenery files can be located on another drive, can Orbx install process support this?  I will keep looking, but have never had to do anything but click "install" in the past.

Thanks for the help.  I will look into another drive as well, but am full up and will have to replace some things.  

Jeff

Hello.

You can create a symbolic link and install the files to that or you can create a second dummy X Plane 11

installation and install direct to that or you can wait for a little while until Orbx Central for Windows is

ready, then you can put the files where you want to.

Archived