Washington TE Installation

Fizzelle

Just a quickie bit of advice please.

Like many others on here, I have Forkboy's excellent USA Ortho tiles installed. ORBX's Washington will make that NW USA part redundant.

So before I install the new ORBX product, which tiles specifically from the Forkboy range should I delete to ensure no conflicts?

Link to Forkboy at:  https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/36327-us-orthophotos/ for reference only.

Thank you.

It's also my case. I have also installed the ortho scenery of the state of Washington.

I'll wait and see what Washington TE does.

I assume that TE Washington does not cover the entire state of Washington orthophoto scenery.

cheers

Karoly

4 hours ago, oldboy43 said:

...I assume that TE Washington does not cover the entire state of Washington orthophoto scenery...Karoly

See the coverage map a little ways down the original announcement. ^_^

Since the next one due is Oregon, followed by northern California (announced so far, with SoCal presumably released after NorCal), coverage will eventually cover the US west coast

13 hours ago, oldboy43 said:

I assume that TE Washington does not cover the entire state of Washington orthophoto scenery.

It does cover it apart from an area near to Portland which will be in Oregon region. It also covers small parts of Idaho, Oregon and British Columbia.

14 hours ago, Fizzelle said:

So before I install the new ORBX product, which tiles specifically from the Forkboy range should I delete to ensure no conflicts?

There will be no conflict if this is installed correctly and has higher priority in your scenery_packs.ini file. When you fly out of the coverage area, your underlying orthos will show again (although they are lower resolution I believe)

Hi Tony. Today I flew over the Columbia River (TE US Washington for X-Plane 11) from Lake Chelan towards Anders Field (S97).

At the point where the Okanogan River to the Columbia River I found elevation anomaly see picture.

cheers

Karoly

Bad elevation by Anderson S97.jpg

I am a bit disappointed that Orbx does not seem to have checked the log.txt for errors loading in a Seattle airport: many textures are missing, including a whole folder of them, sea-tac_textures_2048; it also appears that the Control Panel for road texture has no effect: roads are unchanged no matter what is selected.

5 hours ago, mauricecohen said:

it also appears that the Control Panel for road texture has no effect: roads are unchanged no matter what is selected.

Please ignore this - I managed to make it work by deleting the roads subfolders I had in the overlay folder and re-downloading (using verify flies).

Archived