What took 109 hours 30 minutes over 45 days ?

dominique

10 hours ago, dominique said:

The first Trans -Africa flight,  from London to Cape Town, in 1920. We will celebrate the anniversary early  next year.

No pressure. Just sayin'  :lol:...

http://sthp.saha.org.za/memorial/first_trans_africa_flight_london_to_cape_town.htm

This is the primary reason why I'm so excited about openLC.  I've made these flights, those done in the 1920s and 1930s by Imperial Airways, a few times but was always unimpressed by the landclass scenery. 

I've been working on scenery for the airports and flying boat bases for several months now and will have them all completed within the next few months.  I've already posted Croydon Airport in London over at AVSIM and I'm working on Le Bourget in Paris right now.  I'll post all these as freeware to AVSIM once they're ready.

Dave

8 hours ago, dave302 said:

This is the primary reason why I'm so excited about openLC.  I've made these flights, those done in the 1920s and 1930s by Imperial Airways, a few times but was always unimpressed by the landclass scenery. 

I've been working on scenery for the airports and flying boat bases for several months now and will have them all completed within the next few months.  I've already posted Croydon Airport in London over at AVSIM and I'm working on Le Bourget in Paris right now.  I'll post all these as freeware to AVSIM once they're ready.

Dave

Wonderful news Dave !

I was thinking of throwing a couple of hangars here and there. I partially reconstructed van Ryneveld and Brand' journey on Google Earth. That would be :  Derna (Lybia) - Sollum  - Cairo (Egypt) -  Abu Simbel  (approximation of the the city of Kurusku north of Wadi Halfa where they crashed) - Khartoum (Sudan) - Minule (South Sudan) - Kisumu (Kenya) - Mbala (aka Abercorn - Zambia) - Ndola -  Kabwe (aka Broken Hill) - Livingstone  (Victoria Falls !) - Balawayo (Zimbabwe) - Three days for which I dont have anything - Cape Town.

Have you already made anything for some of these cities ? 

15 hours ago, dominique said:

Wonderful news Dave !

I was thinking of throwing a couple of hangars here and there. I partially reconstructed van Ryneveld and Brand' journey on Google Earth. That would be :  Derna (Lybia) - Sollum  - Cairo (Egypt) -  Abu Simbel  (approximation of the the city of Kurusku north of Wadi Halfa where they crashed) - Khartoum (Sudan) - Minule (South Sudan) - Kisumu (Kenya) - Mbala (aka Abercorn - Zambia) - Ndola -  Kabwe (aka Broken Hill) - Livingstone  (Victoria Falls !) - Balawayo (Zimbabwe) - Three days for which I dont have anything - Cape Town.

Have you already made anything for some of these cities ? 

Nothing in Africa yet other than Alexandria.  Lately I've been working on the flying boat bases in Brindisi, Athens, Crete, and Alexandria. and will also do the ones in Marseille and Lake Bracciano near Rome.  I'm focused on the flights made by Imperial Airways using Short Bros. flying boats right now, but eventually I'll do the land-based airports in Africa for the earlier Imperial Airways flights.

Dave

On 6/21/2019 at 2:42 PM, John Venema said:

I just downloaded and installed TE Washington in 1 hour 22 minutes :) 

About the same for me, John...the downloading...but then the time was actually in the install and conversion phase. That took another 1.5 hours!

Archived