AU2 scenery error.

Ever since installing AUv2, I've had this feeling that somethings wrong, as I don't see the same as in many of the screenshots in the preview forum. I started a flight with the goto airport and chose Tamworth YSTW, and used the slew command to take a look around the airport, and I was affirmed in my suspicion that something is wrong.

I don't have FTX Vector installed, and haven't had AU V1 installed,

I have attached a picture of the problem, and one of my scenery lib.

Do I need to rearrange anything?  I've also unticked the Australia box (item no 88 in my scenery lib.) but that made no difference.

Jorn L

AU.jpg

Tamworth.jpg

Yeah, I know it isn't photo scenery or True Earth scenery, but from the many screenshots I was hoping (expecting) it to be similar looks all over Australia. So basically all the screenshots presenting AUv2 is taken in areas where you have optimized it with photoscenery, and outside of these areas it's just landclass, which can look like my screenshot?

OK but I'm quite surprised to see that even with the Tamworth addon airport, it doesn't look anything like the real one as seen on Google Earth. Guess we'll have to wait for a True Earth version of AU then (I'm sure it NEVER gonna happen, but hey, we can always dream, right?) :-)

9 minutes ago, jlund said:

OK but I'm quite surprised to see that even with the Tamworth addon airport, it doesn't look anything like the real one as seen on Google Earth. Guess we'll have to wait for a True Earth version of AU then (I'm sure it NEVER gonna happen, but hey, we can always dream, right?) :-)

I think that can be put down to the Google imagery being dated 18th April 2019

and the Tamworth addon having been released as it was in 2009, don't you?:)

Probably, Did you mention that all addon airports for AU will be updated at some point?

BTW. I think I may have the OZX airports somewhere on my Hdd's, will they work with AUv2 or are the airports in AUv2 already updated to "OZX quality"?

There is a topic in the compatibility forum on OzX airports and "Flukey's".

Any update to the payware and freeware airports is going to be free and make them fully compatible

with Australia v2, I am told.

The updates are not going to change  any of them.

Thanks for the answers Nick. I'll take a look on the OzX thread.

Ups. One last question.

I have some KMZ files for some other areas like Germany North and South etc, will there be one for AUv2?

Hello,

this is in the user guide:

Please make use of the Google Earth kmz file included with this product ("FTX Australia v2 Coverage and Features Map.kmz", in the \ORBX\User Documents folder) as it provides geographic markers and additional information for the large number of airports, landmarks, and photoreal areas across the coverage area.

I should have mentioned this forum as well.

So - following Nick's suggestion :smile:

Just for interest sake - yesterday I found a similar .KMZ aid for anyone flying around England and the  Channel French coast airports

Put up by the Brits NAS 

www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=260&Itemid=477.html

shown as a google input

Archived