OrbX AUv2 crashing invisible objects in Helicopter

Hey guys and gals, firstly thanks for AUv2 she looks amazing. Currently reviewing it for HeliSimmer.com and I'm having some troubles around Melbourne (haven't tried anywhere else yet) and collision boxes of all buildings. Whenever I come anywhere close to a building I immediately crash, though looking at reply you can clearly see I am no where near the buildings:

I've attachment my scenery list as exported from LorbySI Addon Organizer for P3D: SceneryExport.html

2019-6-9-5-29-21-725.jpginteresting,  

I just flew around in between building and landed at the hospital helipad yesterday and had no issues with ND's S76A. did you by chance refresh/verify the oxbx libraries after you installed AU V2?

why bother to fly in a sim without it turned on???  Kinda defeats the purpose. LOLB)

Edit:  okay I see where you talking about.   I don't believe they made those landable surfaces. I tried to land on some of the bridges and got the same results you did,  Confirmed. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2019 at 9:22 PM, FireRx said:

why bother to fly in a sim without it turned on???  Kinda defeats the purpose. LOLB)

Edit:  okay I see where you talking about.   I don't believe they made those landable surfaces. I tried to land on some of the bridges and got the same results you did,  Confirmed. 

So you were able to replicate my issue? Get within 100' of any building and immediately crash?

On 6/11/2019 at 5:22 AM, FireRx said:

Yes, crash detection is a flawed feature (Gimmick) of the core simulator and was conceived before the evolution of 3rd party addons started becoming popular, and it does nothing to add realism. Developers have always done their best to accommodate it, but there are many instances where it is not possible with the ever more complex addons being developed, so it is probably not economically feasible for them to waste their precious creative time trying to fully accommodate a very unpopular broken feature.

I believe the vast majority of flight simmers would never tolerate a flawed crash detection feature that would shut down their experience without their consent, and the vast majority do not use it, they know when they have crashed. I also believe that if the ability to turn it off did not exist, the flight simming business would also not exist. :)

So, I guess another way to see the reality of it is that some modern addons are simply not going to be fully compatible with ancient features.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:22 AM, FireRx said:

I don't believe they made those landable surfaces. I tried to land on some of the bridges and got the same results you did,  Confirmed. 

Hi guys, 

I don't know any specifics regarding AU2 but I thought I would pass on this little oddity. 

With crash detection turned on, hardened surfaces (ie 'platforms') that are tilted even a slight amount from horizontal will trigger crash behavior in FSX and P3D as soon as the aircraft passes directly overhead, even if flying at a considerable altitude. (There may be a few exceptions to this.)

Bridge models that have traffic on them have to be hardened so the traffic won't fall through. I have not verified this but if the bridge deck is arced, I would expect it to trigger crash behavior. There is a sneaky way around the problem but it takes dev time and everything is a tradeoff.

Cheers,

Archived