How 'real' are Orbx objects?

rpg

I've always wondered which buildings &c. are 'real' and which are not. I've had strange things happen when getting to know this sim and how it works--like being able to taxi *through* certain buildings, flying through the London Eye, and yet once clipping what seemed to be something real in Canary Wharf and being able to land on raised autobahns. It would make bridge stunts that much more interesting if bridges are real--and also sets up the possibility of landing on them. And raises other interesting questions too--can you land on Blackpool Pier, for example?

Anyway, I had a little shock yesterday. Runway 27 at EGLC, planning to see the sights so I kept low...

8ZxNL91.png

2hPLuAW.jpg

(I've always been inordinately pleased to see the cable cars actually moving in this—great work guys!)

Didn't think this would be a problem:

wxrKvJG.png

when there was an almighty THUMP and Nikki banked to the right. As you can see:

gwClj5i.png

7JR5d91.png

There was no airframe damage, and she kept flying sweet as you like. But made me wonder if there's a canonical list of Things Not to Fly Into (not that I'd like to make a habit of it anyway).

Richard (aka Curious of Gravesend)

So I've checked out the QE Bridge over the Thames, all three Forth bridges, and the Severn Bridge. Fake.

The Prince of Wales bridge over the Severn is real, however

JlToalp.jpg

and you can see the Severn Bridge in the distance.

SrfRRhL.jpg?1

What fun!

Archived