New traffic update

Many thanks for the release of an update to the Australian and New Zealand traffic. I look forward to trying it out. However, I am not sure I understood the installation advice copied below: In the FTX traffic files I see a number of Traffic_FTX NA. Should these be deleted? I suppose they are for North America rather than Australia/New Zealand. Thanks for any advice!

This is best done with a fresh install, so please uninstall the previous pack and make sure the following are deleted:

• All the FTX traffic files (Traffic_FTX*) located in Scenery\World\scenery folder
  • FTX AU aircraft folders located in the SimObjects\Airplanes

2 hours ago, Graham Eccleston said:

Just delete the three Traffic_FTX* files for Australia and New Zealand. The Traffic_FTX NA ones are for North America and not covered in this update.

Apologies for the confusion.

Hello Graham, thank you for your tireless endeavors for updating this superb traffic pack.

Question; I don't have the above files nor indeed the current traffic pack or FTXAU installed.

I have invested in a new rig and have been waiting until the new v2 FTXAU came out rather than

installing all the old versions and 30 or so airports. I do have FTX Global and all the NZ stuff installed.

I am busting to get the traffic pack installed, NZ is just right without it.

If I did install with just the bare bones Australia, will it all turn to custard when v2 AUS arrives. 

I don't intend to fly in AUS until v2 because things could look a bit strange but I would love to

have it NZ.

Many thanks for your considered reply.

Kevin 

Many thanks for this update. Great work. I see that A320, B738 etc. are FAIB models and the corresponding effects are placed in the P3D default effect folder. I've many airlines/aircraft installed via AIG manager. They also contain many (if not all) FAIB models with the same effect files but in a different folder (add-on.xml method). Would it be safe to delete those in the P3D default effect folder?

A minor issue, is it possible that FTX/FAIB models don't give touch down effects (white smoke)?

Archived