Sandy roads in Vector

ID order 5ce398809ab19

Just obtained Vector at the end of a number of downloads and installed by Central

All other downloads working well

Following installation  of Vector - I Restarted comp --- Verified files - Configured - Forced Migration

over 2 hours

One of my main reasons for splurging a bit more of my pension on Orbx Vector was the beautiful screen shots of roads - coastlines - and water

in the blurb - because I wasn't too kean on what I saw on installs of Australia and Gold Coast roads in particular.

Here are 2 screen shots of a GC take off  - showing sand based  roads  - beaches and ground terrain that looks like old VHS replays

What have I done wrong or missed - or is this what I should expect

GC take off.jpg

GC take off 2.jpg

I have made a mistake with above 

Please transfer for me

Somehow I have got the wrong address - should have been in Vector support forum

PS I use Windows 10 64 bit and have a games spec comp

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

there are no Vector roads in either image.

Is that the Gold Coast cityscene?

Hi Nick

Maybe I misunderstand what a "Vector Road" is then - is there an explanation anywhere?

Maybe I was expecting all roads to be "blacktop"

I have to admit that I haven't checked any other installation  - either Australia or England 1.6 yet

Yes Nick that is taking off from Gold Coast airport with the GC City scenery  in the distance

and the pic is within the GC City scenery showing major roads and my house in in the bottom right corner.

Still on the subject of Vector - a flight in the area at top right will show a large water reserve  --- 

It should show a dam  ---- and a river coming from it - the water is there but no river.

Many thanks  --- John

Labrador.jpg

John:  I have just realised how much fault there is in Vector.  I am trying to work out with Au1 whether there would be much difference without it. Enjoyed out catch up.  This is the first time I have been into this topic and there are clearly many inaccuracies.

Hello,

I can't take a look for you because I don't have Australia (V1) installed any more.

However, it is not for nothing that there is a switch provided in the Vector

control panel to disable Vector in Australia (V1).

You might like to try that?

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I can't take a look for you because I don't have Australia (V1) installed any more.

However, it is not for nothing that there is a switch provided in the Vector

control panel to disable Vector in Australia (V1).

You might like to try that?

I realise that I've been away from flight simming for a few years - and have had to renew all my old FTX stuff - and maybe expecting a little too much improvement in 7 years - but coming from Australia - Blue - Gold  - SP 3 etc - I never would have expected to find  --- "a switch provided in Vector to disable" the original Australia.

I trust that the eagerly awaited V2 - won't require an OFF/On switch - and Global - Vector won't be necessary - (I already noticed that Aus wasn't endowed with an open LC as other regions are)

As a marketing man I should have been aware  - and cautious - of the blurb in the description of Global and Vector - to wit -

" Motorways, freeways, main arterials roads, roundabouts – all with moving vehicle traffic and specific underlays and skirtings to blend in better with landclass textures • Golf courses, city parks and forests • Extrusion bridges and tunnel entrances • Tram lines where applicable, railway lines and railway yards" and so on.

My bridges look like band aids laid over strange rivers and roads - and definitely no tramlines

Ok - rant and knee jerk reaction  over!!:banghead: - I have since flown on my England 1.6 from Manchester and Barton and around Lancashire - areas I am personally familiar with from  actual VFR and the area's system of Motorways and townships - and there IS an improvement over my Gold coast pics - ( Maybe to much information for 4K HDR in a small space)

- and I took flights from Maroochydore - Noosa - and another from Coffs Harbour to Grafton to Caloundra -  and to be honest - very much better than what I remembered from 2010. Night time over the Gold Coast city scenery is worth the outlay on that add on!!

So OK Orbx - you are still the best -thanks for all the new stuff I bought at the May 50% discount -  and I look forward to flying my new aircraft purchase - the PA 46 Malibu - around our great country in Australia V2 at a further discount of 40%:smile:

PS  had coffee today with fellow GC er  Macca 22  - 2 old fogies together ---should I be jealous of his Prepard3 V4 ??

VH - MVT John

Hello,

AU Australia is a fully self contained Orbx region that includes both custom vector and landclass data.

It requires only the freeware Orbx libraries to work and the optional freeware Holgermesh to look even better.

However, it is also the only Orbx regional product that does not automatically exclude the influence of Orbx Global Vector.

This is because when Orbx Australia was produced, there was no such thing and no conception that there might be.

For this reason, Orbx Global Vector has an occasionally negative influence on the Australia product and for that reason,

a switch has been provided to allow a customer to disable Orbx Global Vector in the Australia area.

Your bridges that "look like band aids" are extrusion bridges, as mentioned in the actually accurate "blurb" and look this way

all over the FSX and P3D world.

Archived