True Earth GB South loading times.....!?

Hello Chaps,

I have just purchased True Earth GB South and are experiencing -again- some VERY LONG loading times like that of True Earth Netherlands + update......

Would anyone have some inside info as to which boxes I need to un-tick in the control panel for this product, for my load times to come back to normal please...?

I know with True Earth Netherlands, Nick posted that if one un-ticks "sheds" and "glass houses", the load times return to normal.  So I am wondering which products are creating the long load times with True earth GB South...?

If there are no magic boxes to un-tick...I will unfortunately with great sadness and disappointment, need to disable True Earth GB South all together for i am not into waiting 15+ minutes for my sim to sit at 6%.....

Regards,

Tim.

Hello,

firstly, have you yet installed the P3D v 4.5 "hotfix"?

Secondly, often it is the combination of TEGB and a large amout of other active addon scenery

that causes very long loading times.

Disabling the addon scenery where you are not going to fly can greatly shorten the initial loading time.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.  I currently do not have P3Dv4.5 installed and the "hotfix" to go with it....

I was totally under the impression that ORBX -over the last few years- was making the whole world work together thus not needing to "turn off" regions...!?!  Have I been miss informed or got my wires crossed somehow?

Regards,

Tim.

Hello,

I would recommend that you update your P3D version.

You have not been misinformed or got your wires crossed somehow.

How much add on scenery there is in your scenery library is of course entirely your choice.

It has always been the case that the more there is, the longer it will take to load, in particular photo scenery.

Disabling some of it will definitely reduce loading times, regardless of who was the developer.

Purely as an example, if I load at Bournemouth airport, EGHH, with all the Orbx cataloge installed,

it takes around 15 minutes to start.

If I disable everything except TEGB South and open LC Europe, just under three minutes.

Thank you.

Do you think that there will there be a way in the future to "turn off" scenery before loading P3D at all...?!

That is one will have to wait for their machine to load for 15min+ just to get to the scenery library to "turn off" some scenery.

Just a thought?

Hi Tim,

You could try SimStarter NG, to easily and conveniently limit your scenery library entries. I've used this to great effect. You basically set up any number of library selections ie. I have one for North America that doesn't include any European scenery and another for Europe that doesn't include any American scenery. Likewise I have another for the UK that doesn't include any other scenery. You then set up your flight in SimStarter rather than in P3D and just choose the appropriate scenery selection and away you go - quickly!

Regards,

John

Hi all of you !

I think the number of files in sceneries is certainly having an impact on the loading time of a scenario.

2 things I did before starting P3D

add LockheedMartin (that’s include ORBX folder)  in Windows Defender exclusion

disable windows search indexer

Here is what I observed:

Average number of files of ORBX sceneries is between 6000 and 10000 files and load relatively rapidly (avr. 45 seconds).

TrueEarth Netherlands has around 32200 files and in my case load in 2 min 10 sec (model shed disabled)

TrueEarth GreatBritain South has around 87000 files and in my case load in 7 minutes.

Loading time:

Other ORBX sceneries 6000 to 10000  = 45 seconds

TENL 32200 files                               = 130 seconds

TEGBS 87000 files                             = 420 seconds

Obviously there is a relation between the number of files in the scenery and the loading time.

I also tried loading TEGBS without all the VFR (disabled) and photoreal disabled for England and Wales and got the same amount of loading time (approx. 420 seconds).

Upgrading to P3D v4.5 is not a viable solution and from what I read in the forum it’s not sure that will solve the problem.

In my case ActiveSky might not work and Superbug VRS is not working with P3D v4.5

I think ORBX is scanning (not loading because not enough memory) uselessly all the files of a region or maybe there is another Windows service slowing down the read of those files.

Actually from my point of view, TEGBS is not a good purchase.

Somebody has an idea or another point of view or maybe a solution.

2 hours ago, carg0 said:

Somebody has an idea or another point of view or maybe a solution.

Prepare3D 4.5+hotfix resolves the bug with excessively long load times.

It also significantly improves fps in TEGB specifically.

This is not a solution for me.

By installing P3D 4.5  I won't be able to use ActiveSky and VRS Superbug F18 .

Is it possible to apply this hotfix on P3D v4.4.?

Can ORBX developpers do something to emulate this hotfix ?

Can I have a refund on this scenery ?

Hello,

there has been an update to Active Sky for P3D v4 since the hotfix was released.

Since VRS have so far updated your product from 4.1 to 4.4, it seems likely that they will go on to update it to 4.5

don't you think?

5 hours ago, paj said:

Prepare3D 4.5+hotfix resolves the bug with excessively long load times.

It also significantly improves fps in TEGB specifically.

Thats great news. I installed first TE GB in P3D v.4.5 without hotfix and I had single digits fps over London with stutters every 1-2 seconds. Even with the settings from JV. Even outside from London fps were only at 30 - 40 (were i usually have around 60) but blurry ground textures + still horrible loading times with around 7-9 minutes even on a SSD.

So i opted out all that TE GB stuff in my scenery cfg after 10 minutes, because the game crashed again.

Let see how 4.5 + hotfix works now, I will report back!

No doubt in my mind that VRS will update their soft but I will have to pay again for an update renewal.

I thought with what I wrote earlier that it would lead ORBX to track a solution.

Hopefully I will hear from you about the magic trick or patch to solve this issue.

Thank you !

@carg0 You do know that there was a specific bug in P3D that created long load times and was fixed in 4.5 with the help of ORBX and other users of Photo real scenery like TEGB, so if you stay on 4.4 there wont be any change to your load times as it is due to old code inside P3D. 

Archived