Any airports have a working hangar ?

I believe that 6B6, Minute Man near Stow, MA has this feature, but this is a very small airport, with a 2770 by 48 ft runway. Not sure you can get the THE 900 in or out.

Ken

The effect that worked hanger doors was in FS2004 but FSX discontinued it. It is possible with some programming to do it but it takes some time and is not easy. I did one a few years ago but it just opened and closed doors continuously using animation and could not be controlled by the pilot. Perhaps one day someone will come up with an easy way to do it (Maybe with SODE). Probably not worth it for most scenery designers if it takes a lot of time for something most people won't use.

Larry

And a really wacky suggestion for you. RAF Marham in Norfolk (EGYM) has both Rubb shelters that you can 'drive through' and Hardened Aircraft Shelters if you want something really, really secure! Though I'm not quite sure how you would reverse into the HAS. And the doors don't shut either. 

This is the excellent RAF Marham scenery package by dkm from X-Plane.org which blends in perfectly with TEGB South.

By6iEN7.jpg

eJGRcKN.jpg

I have the Freeware RAAF  Amberley , Williamstown , and Richmond  military airbases  by Lawerence .

Amberley and Williamstown both have long car port style shelters that can accomadate  over 20 aircraft , the F-111 fits , so the Hawk will fit , and

they are easy to enter and exit .

Richmond has a hangar that has a door that cycles open and shut , but I doubt that you can control it .

Across the runway from the main terminal at ORBX Brisbane there is a large hangar with the door open .

At Lakenheath I taxi through the back wall of the HAS , not desirable bet better than nothing .

When I was creating the BNS (Bomb Nav System) instrument it required flying the aircraft to the center of the bomb blast to measure 

deviation in feet from target to blast to determine a correction factor . A guy in the US who was also doing measurements for me

used Slew to get accurately to the blast center .

Possibly Slew could be used to back up an aircraft into a HAS or open Hangar .

Also there used to be an addon instrument called Pushback that might possibly do that task .  

Cheers

Karol

Those RAAF bases by Lawrence are maybe the best I have ever seen in FSX/P3D by anybody ever - as far as military scenery.  Well, maybe the RAF Lakenheath scenery and several other RAF bases by the guys at ACG Scenery.  That is the gold standard, right there.

I agree .

If you don't have it get the Freeware  Pease airbase Newhampshire USA by Steve Hess , it's great , it has cold war alert facilities , lots of

different military AI .

I have Air to AIR Lock On capability in my radar , can select and Lock On to a AI then intercept or fly close formation , it is

a target rich area . 

Another open hangar is at ORBX Tamworth , a stunning product , the aircraft shade shelters there  have a low clearance height and are

only suitable for CT4 sized aircraft  

Cheers

Karol

19 hours ago, COBS said:

I have the Freeware RAAF  Amberley , Williamstown , and Richmond  military airbases  by Lawerence .

Hello Karol.

I have been able to find Lawrence Nichols' Williamstown at Flightsim.com but I have not been able to find Amberley and Richmond. Can you point to where I might be able to find these two. Perhaps send the info by PM.

Cheers

Bernie. 

Hi Bernie

Download from his website ,

https://flightsimdev.com

He no longer lists the RAAF Amberley , however if you ask him he might provide a copy of it.

note, he also did RAAF Pearce in WA .

I have his Amberley and think it's magnificent , it's my favorite , should you wish to see his RAAF Amberley watch this video ,

Cheers

Karol

Thanks for the link Karol. I also downloaded Pearce (as any good West Aussie would). There was a version for Amberley on Flightsim.com but it was for FS9.

Cheers

Bernie

Hi Bernie

RAAF Pearce is a really nice airport .

I did a Direct To Flight from ORBX Lilydale YLIL  (Victoria) to RAAF Pearce YPEA (WA) total distance 1,486.1 nm 

flew at Mach 2.52 total flight time was 58 minutes , not realistic , but it beats the airlines .

If you still want RAAF Amberley try asking Lawrence at his website.

I'm hoping that he is still working on the improved Version 2 of Amberley  , but if it does eventuate it will still be about a year before it's release .

SLEW , regards using Slew to back up aircraft into hangars that have an open door , I tried it and it's very easy to do with high precision ,

I had never used Slew before .

Cheers

Karol

14 hours ago, COBS said:

If you still want RAAF Amberley try asking Lawrence at his website.

I'm hoping that he is still working on the improved Version 2 of Amberley  , but if it does eventuate it will still be about a year before it's release .

Hi Karol.

I sent Lawrence a message via his website and he answered and asked what link had been removed as he is still working on Amberley (he says he hasn't released it). I referred him to this post, so hopefully he will get back to me. 

Cheers

Bernie

Archived