EGFF - Transparent roads

Took advantage of the sale today and purchased EGFF - Cardiff and EGTR - Elstree.  So thank you for the sale.

I've noticed that the roads in both of these packs are transparent and there is no option in the Control panel to change this. 

Also I would not like to be a train passenger going over the rail viaduct near EGFF....one end is not connected to the ground and just drops off.

56 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

There are several Transparent Roads topics in the forum which should address your problem.

Thank you, yes there are but nothing there has resolved the issue.

I have TE GB South and the correct option selected in the control panel and the roads are showing correctly.  However for the scenery area which comes with the airports only the transparent roads are shown.  There is no control panel included with either airport to change the road textures.

I applied a control panel from the XML previously available on this site (and which I'd used to resolve the issue with Barton when that was released with no control panel) and tried that with no effect.  There are actually no road textures included with the airport so I copied those folders from TE GB South into the airport and tried again to no effect.

I re-applied the textures for TE GB South as a whole to see if that has any effect.  nope.

If you fly outside the area of the scenery which comes with either airport the dark road textures appear.  And I have verified the files.

14 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it's true, there is no option to enable the X Plane 11 default roads in either of these products.

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your response.    Is that going to be changed in any future SP updates?

Hi guys,

The vector roads have indeed been removed from all of the ported airports and there are a few reasons for this. As the photoreal imagery around airports in these packages is hand-detailed, the roads should more accurately match the real-world so there should be no need for the overlay road. Additionally, the overlay roads tend wider than the, mostly, narrow roads around airports. This means that trees and hedgerows are covered by the roads so we'd either have to remove those trees altogether or manually adjust the imagery to accomodate the wider roads.

To counter the removed roads we have added custom road traffic to most of the surrounding significant roads which should actually have a more accurate placement and behaviour than the default.

Greg

Archived