Recreating the Airport Lounge in 1977

For some fun we do a monthly advertising campaign that we jump around to a different decade, for the next campaign I wanted to do something Aviation related back in the 1970's, which was the golden years of Commercial Aviation as far as I am concern. I am really happy with the way this campaign is looking so far so I thought I would share it on here as I hope you guys can appreciate this too.

Step 1 - this is our model Caren

001.JPG

Step 2 - We change her Hair and Makeup and Wardrobe into something that looks like she is from the year 1977 (which became our target year)

002.JPG

Step 3 - We take photographs in the lounge of an office tower from the 1970's that still has all the furniture and carpeting from that era:
003.JPG

Step 4 - With a little bit of Photoshop she looks like she is waiting to board her flight. This one is a 747-200
004.JPG

Boy does that bring back memories  B)

Nice work. I remember '77 well. A good year for me. The hair looks typical from that era.

A DC-10 or similar sounds like a good idea. The 747 looks current. 

Just to enhance the pic further, you couldn't put a classic Coke bottle on the table with a bent paper straw could you? Or maybe a big handbag?

( I could tell it was the 1970's because there weren't cell phones on the table :) and she looks relaxed not having been through scanners and a security backlog)

Hope your campaign goes well.

Aussie

1 hour ago, Aussie123 said:

Nice work. I remember '77 well. A good year for me. The hair looks typical from that era.

A DC-10 or similar sounds like a good idea. The 747 looks current. 

Just to enhance the pic further, you couldn't put a classic Coke bottle on the table with a bent paper straw could you? Or maybe a big handbag?

( I could tell it was the 1970's because there weren't cell phones on the table :) and she looks relaxed not having been through scanners and a security backlog)

Hope your campaign goes well.

Aussie

Good ideas, I am thinking an Air New Zealand DC-10 would work very well. It will take time to find the right shot and angle but Air New Zealand does have a fantastic archive.
Could also try and recreate the gate shot in P3D and run some filters to make it look more photographic. 
I was also thinking the old style paper Pepsi cups with the old 1970s era Pepsi logo. The old Pepsi logo is more distinctive of the era compared to Coca-Cola which has been pretty standard through the decades. Hand bag is a good idea too B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived