Road bridge traffic in TEGB

The new SP1 added some more bridges but still no road traffic. I believe this is possibly due to some XP technical difficulties or lack of Orbx knowledge in how to place road traffic on bridges. It is done successfully in default scenery so I am sure it can be done.

I don't know if this is helpful but I have a road bridge freeware addon that has road traffic and I have it on Ortho scenery, so it is similar to TEGB. The bridge is a long one so it is similar to the new Severn Bridge added in SP1.

Here is an extract from the developer in howe he overcame the road traffic problem ion a long bridge. It may be of use to Orbx XP developers.

You can see that he utilised the GroundTraffic plugin and made 2 separate files.

"The scenery works without adding any external libraries.
The problem is the traffic of cars on the bridge.
I used the groundtraffic plugin to generate traffic but the bridge is too long, so graundtraffic can't work.
The solution was to split the traffic on the bridge into TWO separate files.
One is ready in the scenery (folder plugins + groundtraffic file).
The other part of the file (second folder plugin + groundtraffic file) is under xxxxxx Bridge Traffic"

The groundtraffic plugin only works in one single area with a limit of around 10km. So it's impossible to use it to populate traffic on all bridges in the scenery without creating lots of little scenery packs for each bridge needing them, which would be an installation nightmare. This is something we're aware of and we've been trying to find a solution to do this, but at the moment it's just a limitation of the groundtraffic plugin.

@tonywob

Thanks Tony. I assume that is why the developer used 2 addons to create the road traffic. His own addon and with permission from another developer to add a groundtraffic file to that developers addon. That way there would be 2x10km coverage?If anyone can find a way of overcoming this problem it is you Tony:)

Is there no way to just have a mesh tile built to conform with the  bridge and have the data file say there was a road there but autogen a transparent/invisible road texture and have default autogen traffic run over a custom object bridge as a  default autogen road?

Archived