Wrong textures for season.

R Smith

Hello.

I recently done a complete reformat and re install of my windows operating system, reinstalled my orbx products and i've noticed that the ground textures are mismatched all over the place, when i select winter season for example i'm getting summer textures but as i fly i'm noticing what i can only describe as biomes or small areas that are using textures from different seasons so you get summer textures then autumn textures ect.

If i change to another season like summger, spring ect they are still mismatched.

Not found anything with search, any ideas gents?

Ok, without seeing any screenshots from here we would be just guessing, but first please apply the below basics. Also, which sim are we dealing with?

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option in FTXC3 settings.

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

18 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Ok, without seeing any screenshots from here we would be just guessing

Screenshots with coordinates from the Shift+Z keys are always helpful....after all, this is a visually based hobby. 

2 hours ago, Doc_Z said:

You do have the sim set to system time?  The system time is correct? 

Yes system time box is checked, also system time is correct.

1 hour ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Screenshots with coordinates from the Shift+Z keys are always helpful....after all, this is a visually based hobby. 

Three screen shots of EGNX, Third pic has the Long and Latitude, date was 04/03/19.

Scenario set up states Winter season when set to real time, yet as you can see I'm getting Summer textures, If I manually select a date for example Nov 2019 I get Fall textures or if i select Jan 2020 i get Winter textures, also going back in time to Feb 2019 i get winter textures, but as soon as i go back to real time I:e today i get summer textures again.

2019-3-4_18-57-4-690.jpg

2019-3-4_18-57-29-806.jpg

2019-3-4_18-58-12-360.jpg

That's a bit disappointing, I'm sure it's not done this before, i remember commenting on how the textures would reflect the current season i mean isn't that the whole point of them?

But apparently we are supposed to have summer textures in march, despite the sim saying winter season. :blink:

I'll just have to manually select another month to get the correct textures showing, unless you have any other ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Hello,

just to be a little pedantic, those are Spring textures, the time when many of us see thousands of acres of

yellow flowers that make our eyes water and our noses run.

As I am sure you know, the meteorologist's definitions of seasons are not the same as everyone else's.

It seems that these are the definitions used.

So in the simulated UK, Spring begins on March 1 and ends on May 31.

As I am sure you will also remember, last year we did not have spring, winter weather persisting well into May

and this year, apart from a few days here and there, we don't seem to have had a winter either.

At least not yet.:)

Yeah. With the current seasonal texture sets it's a bit hard to be more varied. In reality canola bloom does not start before April.

But this is basically a recurrent theme that pops up everytime the sim spring and autumn starts. In the sim you'll see spring and autumn textures more than  a month too early.

Here is an approach to EKAH Aarhus Denmark 3 march 2019 with snow. 

In Denmark, when we have 1 degrees because of coastal climate, you barely got snow.

Actually we haven't had many snow days this winter,. Maybe 2 weeks in all. 

But when temperatures are 8 degrees we surely don't have snow... Is it possible to have textures to cooperate with temperatures?

I know the windy.com have snow cover... That shows where there is snow, hard winter and how much. 

Relevant for this area I have Active sky for P3D v4, Active sky cloud art, and Envdir. Global base pack, Open LC Europe, Vector and Trees HD. 

Regards Jens Michlas

23.jpg

1.jpg

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

just to be a little pedantic, those are Spring textures, the time when many of us see thousands of acres of

yellow flowers that make our eyes water and our noses run.

As I am sure you know, the meteorologist's definitions of seasons are not the same as everyone else's.

It seems that these are the definitions used.

So in the simulated UK, Spring begins on March 1 and ends on May 31.

As I am sure you will also remember, last year we did not have spring, winter weather persisting well into May

and this year, apart from a few days here and there, we don't seem to have had a winter either.

At least not yet.:)

I understand now, so I've mistaken spring textures for summer, also FTX according to that thread has them coming in earlier than stock control file.

That clears things up, I could always just manually select a date to get the textures i want anyhow as a work around.

Archived