What folder(s) contain the FTX Vector elevation data files?

jabloomf1230

There was a previous thread about this, but it doesn't contain the answer. In all my numbered P3d4 default scenery subfolders (0000 to 1107), there are two copies of digital elevation model BGL files (for example, dem0302.bgl), one (the default P3d4 version with a file date of 5/24/2017) is disabled and renamed ".bg." and the other (with a file date of 7/9/2016) has replaced it. Are these from Vector or some other terrain mesh add-on? If they aren't from Vector, where are Vector's terrain mesh files located?

Running here P3D v4.4.16.27077, and saved the original install before registering it

dem302.bgl here is dated may 24, 2017, with a file size of 101 Mb (106 941 332 bytes)

No dem duplicates on my system apparently...

Blue skies

Philippe

Thanks. I originally thought the 2016 files might be from an older version of a Pilots! terrain mesh add-on, since the only one I have installed now is their most recent product FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation FTX. FSGU-NG is automatically installed outside the P3d4 main folder.There are no other Pilots! products for either P3d3 or P3d4, so it must be some other add-on that did that, although I have no record of any other purchases of terrain mesh add-ons.

I'm not worried about this, since terrain meshes aren't layered in the same way that other scenery types like airports are. The worst thing that could be happening is that there is a small delay when a scenario is loaded as P3d4 tries to figure out the appropriate mesh that matches the LOD setting.

That seems like the only possibility. Maybe the Pilots! high resolution mesh files only contain the higher LODs and the installer also replaces the stock DEM files to correct discrepancies in the lower LODs. In any case it's all interesting but this has nothing to do with Vector.

Archived