An open and shut case

Aussieflyer38

Hey guys,

I have been wrestling with this for far too long, I'm embarrassed to say how long. 

We all know about Shift + E to open and close doors, Shift E+1, shift E+2 and so on. The problem I have is I never seem to be able to get the +2, or +3 and so on to work. It's even a bigger problem where I have an aircraft that has its own set of Shift 1, Shift 2 etc for quick access to things like GPS, Centre Console, etc, because not only does the door not work, but the accessory access thing opens whatever that corresponds to, regardless of the fact that it has an "E" in it.

This pretty hard to explain, but I'm hoping someone will get my drift. Any and all help appreciated.

Don 

Some planes have only one door to open, or when there are more and the usual Shift E+2 or E+3 doesn't work, the door must be opened from the inside (a door handle, for example), or from the outside view.  The planes documentation usually provides some details, but there's no consistent rule that covers all airplanes.

We all know about Shift + E to open and close doors, Shift E+1, shift E+2 and so on. , ......... Thanks Don , I learned something that I did not know and I have been around FS for a very long time . So I appreciate your topic and will learn more from it . :):)

Cheers

John

54 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Some planes have only one door to open, or when there are more and the usual Shift E+2 or E+3 doesn't work, the door must be opened from the inside (a door handle, for example), or from the outside view.  The planes documentation usually provides some details, but there's no consistent rule that covers all airplanes.

Thanks Stewart, I wasn't aware of the "one" door system, and what bugs me with that is GSX telling me to open "door X", over and over and it wont open. Yep I have a few a/c that open by a click on the door, I guess it's a case of give it a go and see what happens. QW and Carenado have a shift X that has a panel for opening doors and cargo hatches, so no drama there.

Thanks for your help

Don 

30 minutes ago, BradB said:

We all know about Shift + E to open and close doors, Shift E+1, shift E+2 and so on. , ......... Thanks Don , I learned something that I did not know and I have been around FS for a very long time . So I appreciate your topic and will learn more from it . :):)

Cheers

John

Thanks John, GSX repeat of open door X, over and over finally drove me to put up a post, glad it helped you. If there is only one door to open, I just wish it could detect that, obviously it detects the second door, but not that its inoperable. Anyway Stewart helped with a bit more info.

Regards

Don 

Archived