True Earth Central check

loveclose

Greetings to all - just a quick one.

I'd just like to make sure that my True Earth Central scenery is loading as it should.

The files appear to have gone into the XP11 folder ok, and the True Earth Central appears in the Scenery Ini file.

I ran a flight from Birmingham and from Liverpool, both which I assumed would be starting in within the Central scenery pack.

It looks like it's running, but it's not listed in the Pluggins folder.

When I open the Pluggins folder within the flight, I see entries 2-5 - entry 2 is Southampton Airport, entry 3 is Cardiff Airport, entry 4 is True Earth South, and entry 5 is something else.  I'm not seeing what entry 1 is, and I'm not seeing True Earth Central mentioned anywhere.

Liverpool airport looked like it was True Earth Orbx material......

I will attach the ini file when I'm back at my mainframe machine.....

The plugin information I see in the sim itself.  Airport chosen, files loaded, and flight starts on ground.  I then click on the top menu and open the second plugin folder available which appears to list the scenery loaded.  Everything Orbx related is listed except the True Earth Central.

Back with you soon, and thanks for your reply once again.

Peter

'Thank you Nick - that definitely rings a bell, except I'm not seeing any ground traffic plug ins related to True Earth Central.

Attached are a couple of screen shots of Liverpool with the objects slider at High, rather than maximum - graphics card update needed for maximum!!

It all feels like the Orbx scenery for True Earth Scenery is running.

Thanks Nick for your reply.

Liverpool 1.png

Liverpool 2.png

Your pics show your system is struggling. Your World Objects (buildings is set quite low allowing the slightly blurred imagery of the ground to show, and your fps counter is around 11fps. Maybe you can advise your PC specs as well.Here is what the scenery at Liverpool could look like depending on your PC specs.

V6t6acD.jpg

And one here that is nearer to your screenshot location. Notice the large difference in buildings showing in ine in comparison. (33fps)

vzRQm95.jpg

Really appreciate all the help folks, thank you.

I've attached the ini file as requested.  I've yet to move a few airport bits below the Orbx ones as was suggested a couple of days ago.  However, it took a while to download and install the True Earth Central, and I also treated myself to the Cardiff airport as well as the Southampton one.  Having done all that, life took over and I've had to sort my dear old Mum out, so haven't tweaked the ini file further as yet.

My system just about runs XP 11 without the Orbx software.  Having said that, despite the fact that I'm not getting the best look of the Orbx yet, it's so much better than the stock XP11 scenery.

I've already got in touch with my PC fixer and asked for a couple of upgrades.  I'm thinking of increasing my Ram from 8gig to 16gig, and I'm definitely going to get an independent graphics card.  At the moment, I'm running with an AMD Ryzen 3 2200 G with Radeon Vega Graphics, 3.5Ghz.  Surprisingly,  it copes well with just about every other graphics demand I make of it, with the exception of the graphics hungry XP11.  I don't know if I can stretch to the heights of the GeForce card that everyone seems to use here, but I need more memory on an independent graphics card.

I've always known that once the Orbx software went in, an upgrade would be the next step!! 

scenery_packs.ini

Thanks very much indeed for the help and advice.

My main incentive for the upgrade was to get the frame rate up, but hadn't realised that I was losing detail due to system overload...

Hoping that the upgrade will go towards solving both issues.

Am I really looking at a serious grphis card upgrade towards the likes of the Ge Force GTX 1070, or will a lesser card give me some improvement?

probably a very 'how log is a piece of string' question!!

33 minutes ago, loveclose said:

Thanks very much indeed for the help and advice.

My main incentive for the upgrade was to get the frame rate up, but hadn't realised that I was losing detail due to system overload...

Hoping that the upgrade will go towards solving both issues.

Am I really looking at a serious grphis card upgrade towards the likes of the Ge Force GTX 1070, or will a lesser card give me some improvement?

probably a very 'how log is a piece of string' question!!

You could very possibly get by with a GTX970 (can be picked up cheaply nowadays) or a Nvidia 1060 (£207 ish). You'll need to upgrade your processor to at least an i7 6700, or at a better price, a 5820. If you overclock those to 4ghz you'll be OK.

Xplane is moving to the Vulkan graphics rendering system so once they ditch OpenGL (always a struggle to get real performance out of that ancient language), you should have a capable machine to give you the frame rates you want.

There's no real need to spend loadsa money at this stage. Below is an example of a motherboard and processor bundle, so add your graphics card on top and increase your RAM. It'll be worth it. Do some research into the second hand market as many people are upgrading their systems to more expensive ones and selling theirs off cheap.

prdYmJ1.jpg

Hope this helps.

I don't know if this would save you any cash over a mid range i7- but the i5 7600K is what I have and it is pretty speedy, and I don't even have it overclocked. Definitely recommend at least 16GB ram and an 8GB or larger card. Lowering your texture quality slider to high instead of max will give you approximately twice the headroom on your GPU, with little loss of quality.  Another trick to lower the load on your system is to just lower the visibility to around 10 miles in weather. Once you get speeding along with XP and TE you will never regret it!

Cheers

Archived