True Earth GB. That's the way it should be

Alexey

Today a friend came to me and brought an external SSD with X-Plane + TE GB. 

I ran the simulator on my computer and wow! No stuttering! The picture is smooth and uniform.

Perfect!

With high settings with shadow and anti-aliasing.  Processor and video card almost fall asleep))

I want also in Prepar3D !!

I recorded a short video:

ViewSonic 4K 
Intel Core i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS ULTRA GAMING WIFI
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 HYBRID GAMING (2xSLI)
Kingston KHX2666C16 32Gb
Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1Tb
Microsoft Windows 10

Indeed, XP11 is CPU-bound because of the ancient single-threaded OpenGL graphics API - and that is why your GPU is hardly working.

We expect that when they switch to the Vulkan graphics API then a lot more draw-call requests will be sent directly to the GPU rather than be scheduled by the CPU as it is now. Then you should in theory be able to fly over London with sliders maxed, max AA and at 60fps, but we won’t know until Vulkan is implemented.

1 hour ago, kaboki said:

CPU bound or not, the performance you can get from xplane is miles ahead of prepared. When i switched its was like jumping from year 2006 straight into the future... 

I agree. 35 fps vs 8 fps over London. The reason is not in the processor exactly))

• 3 weeks later...

Just watching this your scenery_packs.ini file is organised incorrectly. Tower Bridge, for example is shown as a block of flats (apartments) - a dead give-away.

Try proper layering and then test it - I suspect your computer will work somewhat harder! I'm attaching my file here so you can see how I have it.scenery_packs.ini

40 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

Just watching this your scenery_packs.ini file is organised incorrectly. Tower Bridge, for example is shown as a block of flats (apartments) - a dead give-away.

Try proper layering and then test it - I suspect your computer will work somewhat harder! I'm attaching my file here so you can see how I have it.scenery_packs.ini

Mine is layered correctly and I get 35 fps over London pretty much maxed out and reflections on with only i5 6600K.

Really hoping Vulkan makes the purchase of a better CPU with more cores worthwhile or to see if my i5 no longer bottlenecks my 1080Ti.

In any event the fact is the GPU is tapping its feet waiting for the CPU and still getting decent frames.

22 minutes ago, david broome said:

Really hoping Vulkan makes the purchase of a better CPU with more cores worthwhile or to see if my i5 no longer bottlenecks my 1080Ti.

Now there's a question!

Archived