Goldsworth Park Lake is not green

Tregarth

I live nearFairoaks and so bought the Fairoaks add-on.  I can assure you that the Goldsworth Park Lake is not green.  I have walked around for many years and seen it black, dark grey, muddy grey but never green as per this picture.

Can it please be restored to its rightful colour soon?

Thank you718590587_GoldsworthLake.thumb.png.8dfbedf310d887eb227c85d2de46655e.png

• 1 month later...

Not sure if Goldsworth Lake is part of True Earth South or Fairoaks but I have updated TE and Goldsworth Lake is still a credit to Old Trafford or The Emirates Stadium.  To help you and try to show the actual lake colour please see the attached photo of the lake which I took this morning.

As you can see the water is an uninspiring shade of dark grey green.

Regards,

Tregarth

GoldsLake 01.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello,

there is no bug, rather that the smaller water bodies are only images of how they look from a top down view.

Standing next to a pond or lake will give a quite different colour palette, very much dependant upon the

prevailing lighting conditions.

No doubt you are right about looking at lake from ground level but it is till the case that looking from the air the lake still resembles Old Trafford or The Emirates which is wrong.  When will lake the lake looks like water, not grass?  The lake next to the McLaren building looks like a lake but the Goldsworth lake which is next door is completely wrong and looks like a meadow, as you can see from the screen grab.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Are there any plans for a service pack to remedy this issue?  It is disappointing that ORBX has left this for so long.  I do not understand why the McLaren lake which is next to the Goldsworth Lake is rendered correctly whilst the Goldsworth Lake is not.

Thank you.

40 minutes ago, Tregarth said:

Are there any plans for a service pack to remedy this issue?  It is disappointing that ORBX has left this for so long.  I do not understand why the McLaren lake which is next to the Goldsworth Lake is rendered correctly whilst the Goldsworth Lake is not.

Thank you.

Well, the only reason you can buy extensive photoreal scenery populated with fairly accurate autogen across such a large area for less than 10,000 pounds is because much of the production is semi-automated.  As a result, most features are generated using data sets, and there's just no way every pond, lake or other water body, or for that matter every geographical feature, can be checked for accuracy.  As Nick said it will be noted for a future service pack but it's honestly not a high priority item I'm guessing.

7 hours ago, John Dow said:

Well, the only reason you can buy extensive photoreal scenery populated with fairly accurate autogen across such a large area for less than 10,000 pounds is because much of the production is semi-automated.  As a result, most features are generated using data sets, and there's just no way every pond, lake or other water body, or for that matter every geographical feature, can be checked for accuracy.  As Nick said it will be noted for a future service pack but it's honestly not a high priority item I'm guessing.

I probably spent £10,000 (like a lot of other flight sim lunatics) on scenery for Xplane 8  9 10 11, FSX, P3D 1,2,3,4, Aerofly Fs2 and DCS, I bought a lot of the original Orbx releases all of Global (except buildings) all US and AU Regions plus lots of airports, all of the UK stuff regions and airports for P3D, Norway (don't use any more) all Ture Earth UK and US, (photo real is the best I wish Orbx done this originally) this is not about money

xplane  has water bodies that True Earth does not recognise and covers in Decals (texture) and turns them green see my odd water post https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/176845-very-odd-water-issue-uk-south/?tab=comments#comment-1546352  you can even see that some are partly covered with water and decals. also noted is the inconsistent use of Decals between UK South Central and North  

Tony Wroblewski says quote

I can take a good guess of what's going on. It's on the tile boundary between 0 and -1 degrees and looks like a mesh difference between the patched area provided for EGLC and the remaining GBS. I've noted it as a bug

I think this is a complicated issue (bug) so Im backing up Tregarth and David broome with my own observations (I should be a beta tester for all the scenery checking flying I do  and most of my posts to date have had to do with water and roads)

I think its something to do with the way the Decals are applied and see some xplane water as grass and makes roads go green (when xplane roads set to transparent) which not very useful when flying VFR

the Open LC range done wonders for FSX water, xplane uses open street map data which is the same thing so im sure there's a solution, maybe a separate product to really sort out water and show better roads 

personally I think this is a high priority issue and the fix would make this great product absolutely outstanding

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think John Dow is right.  ORBX say that to have the full effect of its scenery you need to have both the airport and the relevant TEGB scenery which I have so I cannot understand why one lake is correct (McLaren) and one is wrong (Goldsworth)  I don't know what but something is wrong and it cuts across ORBX's claim for accuracy.

If ORBX paid UKP 10,000 for the scenery files they were robbed and should ask for their money back.  I have lived near this lake for +30 years and can tell you it has never been green.

Is it crucial?  No.  But it undermines ORBX's reputation for quality.

Archived