Objects missing at AYKO PNG

gregmorin

I just noticed that there are some objects missing at AYKO in the AYPY package. I did verify the files in FTX Central but that did not fix the issue. Trees and stuff around the camper at thew fire place.

9LM9l14.jpg

XtDT1fR.jpg

Some roofs are missing in other areas.

FTdywLz.jpg

qVFND0X.jpg

My Orbx Scenery library is up to date. These were taken in P3DV4.4.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Greg

I moved the scenery slider from very dense to extremely dense. It had no effect. I uninstalled AYPY and re-installed from my saved manually downloaded file. This also did not resolve the issue. I will re-download the AYPY file  tomorrow morning and see if that has any effect.

Greg

I downloaded AYPY this morning. I un-installed AYPY using FTX central and installed from the new manually downloaded AYPY. There was no change; scenery objects are still missing. 

Here is a screen shot taken this morning and my settings.

unr67Wk.jpg

VJFu2PK.jpg

Greg

Hi Greg,

The objects missing are just normal library objects from AYPY, I do see some are showing while others are not @Ken Hall these were yours I think, any clues?

May I ask which version of P3D you have? and is it an older version updated with the latest patch, or a fresh clean full install?

There is a bug with older versions that are updated that makes some objects vanish - to test this load up at AYKO and then go into the p3d settings and move the scenery complexity slider up or down a notch, and press OK, and see if the objects return

And also in regards to the missing roofs, do you have any shader mod tools like PTA running or have run in the past?, you may just need a shader refresh

delete the 'shader' folder and P3D will rebuild it, its located here:

C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

It should look like this:

2019-2-22_11-35-50-510.jpg

I'll check on my system, unless 4.4 has changed the models requirements it should work .

I'll report back after testing 

cheers.

OK I found the fault, 4.4 is putting draw call restrictions on textures so libs that have large amounts of mdls using the same texture causes parts of the mdl not to show. 

I need time to check this theory out and find a solution, but I can see it in the sim so I know where to start looking, why only in 4.4 is a mystery its like they have gone backwards. It may just be we need to recompile the lib as a 4.4 one, as the current one may be as old as 3.X.

I will find out and have a fix ASAP, sorry for the inconvenience, we beta test but this is hardly an area beta testers would have tried.

cheers

Ken

OK,

This appears to be a P3DV4.4 problem, till this is fixed possibly in 4.5 there is a way to solve this, it may happen in other sceneries besides AYPY,beta testers found this at other airports regardless of region or scenery complexity.

to temporarily fix this go to the World drop down menu, click on scenery library and then just click OK let the scenery rebuild and all objects should be there, sorry for the inconvenience but until LM fix it at there end, we're keeping them informed of our testing so they can solve it, this is the only fix .

let me know if the scenery reload worked for you, you may need to do it twice, and each time you restart P3D you may  need to repeat the  fix.

cheers

Ken

Thanks Ken and Tim!

I will try the scenery library rebuild. P3DV4.5 is going to change the way scenery is called. I am using P3DV4.4. It was a fresh install of P3DV4.3 with the client and content updated to 4.4. I am perfectly happy to wait until 4.5. All the bush strips are still fantastic.

Greg

I always do a complete reinstall of client content and scenery, ten reload global and HD trees, after that FTXCentral will activate the orbx Libs and your good to go.

fingers crossed 4.5 sorts this mess out.

cheers Greg and thanks for your patience

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived