TEGBS, Not installed and now my disk is full?

Benny

I have downloaded mine from work manually, it's now my third attempt trying to install this one, the yellow bar take about 20 min and after it says downloading! After 10 min nothing.

It says again how to install the program??? Choose manual download and the yellow bar goes again for 20 minutes?

Ben

I'm going to the support forum and hope to get some answer, I had 122 GB available, all installation failed and now my disk is full (screen shot to come). TEGBS tried to install twice, my rig went like it was a Pentium 1.. slow I was planing on a great night  and now nothing work. I can't uninstall TEGBS because it's not installed? But my disk is full? 

What a mess.

Ben

Hi, I had 120GB free on my main drive, now I have ZERO left and the product is not installed.

So why is my disk showing full? Is there an hidden folder? A temp folder that I can clear?

FTX central tell me it's not installed, I have tried 3 time?

I was so excited to have fun tonight with that new product but I won't tell you publicly how I feel. I spent 2-3 hours looking at a screen that di not much, my rig started to act like it was a Pentium 1

-Downloaded manually at work (i can't at home)

-Transfer not to my main C drive but on a second I 3 TB drive

-Did the manual install like I always do.

Now I would like my free main drive space back...

Picture of my pass 2-3 hours trying to install something that cost me 55$

tQk45CL.png

The following image did appear after like 2 minutes or so? Why 2 installation??????

qb1v1tH.png

WHAT is that????

2V3Zwda.png

Dick full no TEGBS?????

e4GboYM.png

1 hour ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Ben

Try and delete the Users\name\AppData\Local\Orbx\Metadata contents, this should allow you to start clean again.

Tried Doug, my disk is still full, that file was 1K

4.5 hours in the making, it look better now but new pop up window open up, not enough disk space? Right click on my C drive and there is enough?

Uncheck check for disk space in FTX Central, I read that somewhere.

Trying again

Ben

Ben,

1) Open FTX central, and locate your temp folder location from settings;

2) Navigate there, and there should be a folder called 'ng' where the compressed download files are stored. 

3) After the compressed product has been downloaded, it unpacks it, and then copies the unpacked files to the Orbx directories in P3D.

Because of this process you will need a significant amount of free space on the drive where your temp folder is. 

Personally, I have set my temp folder in FTX to be on an unused 4TB backup drive (e:\temp\orbx\ng) so it doesn't affect storage on my OS drive or my Sim drive, and the download and unpacking process has plenty of space to complete without any issues.......maybe you can set the temp folder in FTX Central to your 3TB drive. 

I never do manual installations myself, but I would assume that all you are doing is bypassing the download phase, and the manual install still results in the use of the standard temp location for processing the compressed files, and as such the same issue occurs.

Terry

Thanks Terry, after almost 4 hours it look like it's installing now, slowly.

Why are you the one that is telling me that and not ORBX?

I have found myself that NG folder, in my TEMP directory that is on my C (main drive), without the help of any of the team here.

It should be explain in the installation process. No one talks about the process of having the need to have twice the space needed available for an installation.

This is what I have been looking for hours

VOcCQ92.png

dN3z1sj.png

Archived