TE GB North creeps into Northern Ireland - Problem

millingp

Orbx TE GB North Transaction ID is 5c523c42c5801

Hi Guys

I'm a great fan of Orbx scenery having purchased most of the scenery for FSX/P3D.  I have now moved to X-Plane and will never go back to the others!  I've purchased TE GB South, GB Central and in the past few days GB North.  They are just amazing and you guys are to be congratulated!!!  I live in Northern Ireland and I'm a real pilot (PPL/IR) and my home airport is Newtownards (EGAD).  I fly a C172 around Ireland and the UK.  When not actually up in the air for real, I keep my hand in with X-Plane.

Having installed TE GB North and flown around Scotland for a while, I was astounded when I re-positioned back at EGAD and found a totally different world.  TE GB North seems to have spread itself partially across the Irish Sea into Northern Ireland.  While this may be a taster of what's to come (maybe TE Northern Ireland and TE Ireland??), it does pose a few problems....

a) Its only partial and creates a prominent diagonal separation line between TE terrain and the default terrain - see NIR 1 and 2 below.

b) The terrain colours are an extremely dark representation of grass - not the same a TE North, Central or South.  In addition there are quite a lot of what looks like scorched (light brown) fields - particularly around my home airfield - see NIR 3.  Ireland is the 'Emerald Isle' for obvious reasons!

Don't get me wrong.  I think TE GB North, South and Central are just amazing, but I'd prefer to go back to default Northern Ireland scenery until, hopefully, Orbx TE Northern Ireland becomes a reality.

Is there any way that the partial coverage of Northern Ireland can be switched off from TE GB North?

PS - if your looking for a Beta Tester for TE Northern Ireland and TE Ireland - I'm your man!!

Paul

NIR 1.jpg

NIR 2.jpg

NIR 3.jpg

Oscar Pilote (creator of Ortho4XP) has done some YouTube videos showing exacty how this problem can be averted by editing and substituting individual tiles. Maybe ORBX can "reach out" or view his videos and then re-work the imagery?

However it is one hell of a lotta work and I wouldn't envy them the task!

I'd do it myself but it's way above my pay grade.

B)

The bits you would lose are shown in the 2 pics below. There are only 2 tiles that encroach on Northern Ireland and they are shown as enclosed in the yellow rectangles in the pics. The reference points for Lon/Lat are under the heading of Active Tile.

There is the option available to Ortho4XP the rest of NI with ZL16/17 and Overlay which would make it less contrasting but may have colour matching anomalies etc.DttKPEl.jpg

FUTYgWh.jpg

Thanks for the prompt reply guys and particularly to jjaycee1 who by kindly providing the tile references allowed me to disable those tiles in the TE GB North Orthos and Overlays which seems to have cured the problem.  Cost is the loss of some very small parts of Scotland.  Added benefit is, the buildings that Orbx had placed in and around Belfast are retained.  Its a win-win!!

Many Thanks

Paul

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Millingp just came across you post. I also have the issue in pic 1 and would be interested in hearing how you did the Ortho4XP for the whole of Ireland. I tried using Ortho but keep getting issues.

I get the same frustration flying over Belfast lough to Aldergrove and get the big line where TE North ends.

Archived