Trees missing at 11S Sekiu

Hey there,
I was about to start a trip from Sekiu, but there are quite a lot of trees missing, unfortunately. I figure it could be somehow related to my upgrade to Prepar3D v4.4 a few weeks ago. 

What I did so far:

• verified files for ftx Trees HD, PNW, ftx Global Base and 11S Sekiu
  • verified files for the Orbx Libraries
  • forced migration once again

Any ideas for a solution?

2019-1-28_19-45-26-255.thumb.jpg.0de58e7a5a5735e45b04aa300eb6fc4d.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

A small heads-up in this issue. It appears the cause of this problem may be some missing autogen definitions since there are only particular parts of the autogen trees not showing up. While I experience no issues at Skagit, Concrete and Darrington, trees are missing at Israel's Farm and on the landclass scenery as well. I have created an image post over at Imgur, please find it over here: https://imgur.com/a/3uKHG5B

Trees missing partially near Skagit:

2019-8-18_20-7-53-146.thumb.png.41d94f2116359ebc2c7c8c0ca70add0b.png

Trees missing partially at WA56:

2019-8-18_20-10-5-89.thumb.png.ad757b88e5e5db2ee21c5452b9bf2fd2.png

I have reinstalled PNW several times using ftx Central v3 and Orbx Central. Furthermore, I have reinstalled P3D v4.5 Client and Content and I have fully removed PTA in order to rule out any interference with the shaders. @Pidder  has also reported similar issues at Vernonia, Sekiu and Israel's Farm. Darrington, Anacortes and Diamond Point appear fine to him, though. Since I do not own Anacortes and Diamond Point, I cannot confirm this on my system. But I believe we have come a bit closer to isolate the cause.

Looking forward to any ideas that could lead to a solution! :) 

Hi Frank and Nick,

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I am seeing the same thing globally. Ie. sections of photoreal with no trees - exactly like Frank's pictures above. I have just done a complete reinstall of P3D v4.5.1 and reinstalled Orbx Global, U.S and Europe LC's and AU V2 using FTX3. Seeing it everywhere.

Cheers.

13 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks.

I read in one of the other topics that if one flies into Sekiu, then the trees are there but if one loads there, they are not.

Is that the case here also?

I haven't tried this yet, will do later if I find time. :)

8 hours ago, MurrayD said:

Hi Frank and Nick,

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I am seeing the same thing globally. Ie. sections of photoreal with no trees - exactly like Frank's pictures above. I have just done a complete reinstall of P3D v4.5.1 and reinstalled Orbx Global, U.S and Europe LC's and AU V2 using FTX3. Seeing it everywhere.

Cheers.

It appears that my issue is globally as well. I have just checked the Frankfurt area and there are missing trees as well.

2019-8-19_10-34-32-968.thumb.png.898a057635f5f33707e02dedcd377f3d.png

2019-8-19_10-37-25-40.thumb.png.cc4d781cb7e67b313e3f82e581741e9d.png

Maybe we can get some autogen definition pros taking a look at this?

Hello Frank,

in your first image, there is an airport using a photo insert which is of course suppressing all autogen.

Your second image seems to show a village with autogen houses and trees in the distance, so I don't see a problem

in either screen shot.

3 hours ago, Pidder said:

As Frank wrote above i've the same issues in Sekiu, Vernonia and Israels Farm. I'm using FTX-Central v3 and P3D v4.5.

Hello Markus,

I don't see your images which are hosted at a site that requires membership and a log in.

However, here are my images.

P3D v4.5  FTX Central used to install, Orbx Central used with no migrations.

Sekiu:

1.jpg

Israels Farm:

2.jpg

Vernonia:

4.jpg

So I must conclude that the problem is neither intrinsic nor universal,

or of course that your images that I cannot see are of something else.

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Frank,

in your first image, there is an airport using a photo insert which is of course suppressing all autogen.

Your second image seems to show a village with autogen houses and trees in the distance, so I don't see a problem

in either screen shot.

Hey Nick,
you may be right for the first issue concerning the airport. However, I believe the missing autogen is caused by some corrupted autogen-definition. I have looked for some screenshots taken shortly after the release of Germany South and have just taken a new bunch of images. As the comparison shows, there is ample evidence that a whole sort of trees is missing. Settings are exactly the same except the PTA preset.

2017-9-11_16-40-8-842.thumb.jpg.937664e7f3e9fbb49f99570a164d62db.jpg

2019-8-19_16-29-59-746.thumb.jpg.b2f14928bf67a0356ed83060dcb877f1.jpg

Not only does the area around the TV tower look extremely bald, but you can also see missing vegetation in the upper left corner.

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Markus,

I don't see your images which are hosted at a site that requires membership and a log in.

Sorry, Nick. Here are my screenshots from Sekiu, Israels Farm and Vernonia.

2019-8-15_21-41-46-132.jpg

2019-8-16_12-58-1-918.jpg

2019-8-16_13-5-49-285.jpg

2019-8-16_13-4-0-762.jpg

Hi Nick,

This is AUV2 (near Bathurst). You can see squares of photoreal with no trees:

QH8hwti.jpg

This is near Charlotte USA:

gi48XOv.jpg

Seeing exactly the same as Frank at Frankfurt and other places.

As stated, I've just done a full reinstall of P3D V4.5.1, and have installed Orbx Global, OpenLC (both U.S and Europe), Trees (both Orbx and Turbulent) and AU v2 using FTX V3. No vector.

I note also that every time I verify these files, they download gigabytes of files again in the case of Open LC's, and 450MB with Global. I don't know why it would do that given nothing has changed?

Thanks for your help.

For what it is worth I had the issue at Israel's Farm, I traced my issue back to 3rd party VLC Libraries (from Godzone I believe).  Not sure where the conflict is, but, disabling that seemed to do the trick for me.  Not sure if this is the same thing.  This pre-dated the new ORBX Central for me.

On 1/29/2019 at 5:52 AM, Helifan123 said:

4 hours ago, JPL19 said:

For what it is worth I had the issue at Israel's Farm, I traced my issue back to 3rd party VLC Libraries (from Godzone I believe).  Not sure where the conflict is, but, disabling that seemed to do the trick for me.  Not sure if this is the same thing.  This pre-dated the new ORBX Central for me.

Thanks for the post Joe. That seems to have been the culprit for me too! I have deleted VLC libraries and now have trees again. I hope this works for Frank.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: I just checked the Godzone forum and sure enough......

http://nzff.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28960&sid=1eb24fa46c8a09dfb6cb4bfe595a2e4b

Solution included in that post, but Rob states that you need to add an 'off' extension to the  default.xml found in VectorLandClass\VLC_Libraries\AutogenX (wherever VLC libraries are installed). 

Great to hear that you could sort out the issue! Unfortunately, I don't the VLC libraries installed for quite a while now so there is nothing left I could deactivate. However, I'm just doing a reinstall of ftx Germany after I have discovered the missing autogen there yesterday. Let's see if that'll help.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I missed this thread. Murray has posted a link to the solution above. This affects Prepar3d v4.5 users only. (It may also affect v4.4, but I am not able to test that.)

Uninstalling Godzone NZCH won't fix this, as the VLC Libraries are separate, and come with their own uninstaller. (these libraries are shared by a number of NZ scenery packages.) 

Simply deleting the offending file (...VectorLandClass\VLC_Libraries\AutogenX\default.xml) will fix this. Further details available in Murray's link above. 

I do apologise to all those affected, my changes to remove the need for the Autogen Description Merger Tool resulted in the default.xml (autogen library objects) not displaying. 

There will be a new VLC Libraries installer shortly, which will fix this automatically, but just deleting the one file is a quick and easy manual fix.

I really did believe that the new Prepar3d support for add-on.xml autogen worked for all autogen descriptions, but it seems that it doesn't include autogen library objects. This was not picked up by my testers, as it is tricky to spot -- they were testing my NZCH scenery area, which doesn't include any default ot third party (such as Orbx) library objects. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, keino333 said:

Follow all the instructions not just renaming but deactivate

Hi Keino

Sorry, a bit too vague for me. Are you referring to the instructions linked in this post?

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/167162-trees-missing-at-11s-sekiu/?tab=comments#comment-1555813

All I could find by reading the whole thread was to deactivate the offending file by renaming to "OFF";

You can simply delete the 'default.xml' file in the AutogenX folder, but to be safe maybe just disable it -- I just add a '.off' extension to the filename, so it becomes 'default.xml.off'.

So not sure I understand what other instruction I should follow. Can you explain what you meant? 

Thanks for the help

Archived