To our Canadian Friends

Graham Eccleston

I just finished watching the Winter Olympic Games Opening ceremony and what a magnificent display of colour and pageantry it was. Your Vancouver Planning Committee and all the performers and other participants have done a great job and I hope all goes as well for the games that follow.

You should all feel very proud.

I just finished watching the Winter Olympic Games Opening ceremony and what a magnificent display of colour and pageantry it was. Your Vancouver Planning Committee and all the performers and other participants have done a great job and I hope all goes as well for the games that follow.

You should all feel very proud.

I totally agree! I especially loved the fiddle's...very cool! 8)

Hi guys,

I too very much liked the ceremony even though I didn't even intend on watching it. Pretty down to earth for an event this size and beautiful use of light and colors. And I was particularly impressed with how they managed to honor the tragic death in meaningful ways: a minute of silence, a standing "ovation" for the Georgian team, flags at half staff, and dedicating the ceremony to his memory, yet maintaining the festive spirit and "one big party" mood. Nicely done!

Cheers, Holger

Archived