Morphing textures

@HolgerSandmann

Hi Olger

Hope you are doing fine

I have textures morphing for which I followed your instructions in this post:

But unfortunately this problem didn't get fixed. Here some pictures (it happens even when I'm in the air!)

qYJLVQ5.jpg

vxLTbhd.jpg

6Zs9LCH.jpg

Important

This ONLY happens in my country's airport MROC. Aren't I lucky?

I don't have any add-ons for Costa Rica yet. Just a few sceneries in South America and a few in the USA.

Can this be solved or at least explained?

thank you

Regards,

Carlos

Hi Nick

Thank you very much for replying

By "no addons at all" do you mean Not even Orbx Products? If yes then your test doesn't help much because I do have several Orbx products installed, and we should test under the same conditions.

I don't have any add-on in Costa Rica yet (but some Orbx ones).

Also in the first picture you posted a strange ground image seems to almost reach the runway while in the second one is no longer there... This is a problem isn't it?

Would you be so kind as to post an exact image as I did? Aerial on the runway with all Global Range packages included such as  Global base pack, Global Vector, the trees and OL Classes so we can test on exact same settings ?

Here's mine in the same angle of yours that also shows no textures issues while on the runway

tuxtHWS.jpg

Regards

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

looks like what I call texture "peeling", in which an underlying ground texture gets exposed when directly moving across it. It occurs at a number of default airports and has to do with overlapping/complex landclass polygons; see https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/115766-texture-morphing-causes/?tab=comments#comment-1040156

Cheers, Holger

Hi Olger

Noted on the "peeling"

It is indeed a default airport (aweful by the way) so I hope some developer will create it soon or at least the old one gets updated and then this will get fixed.

I understood the situation. Thank you very much for clarifying

Regards,

Carlos

Hello Carlos.

The purpose of my post was to show you that the default airport in the

default simulator has the problem that you were complaining about.

The reason for two screeen shots is to illustrate the "morphing" that you highlighted.

By definition, it means that something changes and there must be more than one

image to illustrate a change.

I had not thought it necessary to go on to explain that his would indicate that  the problem

lies with the airport which is part of the simulator and therefore nothing to do with Orbx.

Evidently I was wrong.

20 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Carlos.

The purpose of my post was to show you that the default airport in the

default simulator has the problem that you were complaining about.

The reason for two screeen shots is to illustrate the "morphing" that you highlighted.

By definition, it means that something changes and there must be more than one

image to illustrate a change.

I had not thought it necessary to go on to explain that his would indicate that  the problem

lies with the airport which is part of the simulator and therefore nothing to do with Orbx.

Evidently I was wrong.

Hi Nick

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

Indeed I didn't understand your purpose with the images. I just saw the differences but didn't deduce the meaning so thank you for having taken the time and added in detail about them to make it all clear, very much appreciated.

Regards,

Carlos

Archived