True Earth GB South hangs PC during Conversion

ampharoah

Hello,

Please could you advise.

I have been using Orbx products (just about all of them!) on P3d for a while.

i recently started using Xplane and downloaded True Earth GB South.

The process works fine through Downloading to Extracting to Installing.  At the next Conversion stage however my PC keeps hanging part way through the process, sometimes at 2% sometimes as high as 19%.

My PC is an x64 i7 7700K @ 4.20 GHz32GB Ram running Win10

I have a 1TB  SSD drive C with 189GB of free space. My destination drive where all my ORBX scenery resides is a 1.8TB drive with 406GB of space available.

In FTX Central I have the Temp Download location set to D:\ORBX

Can you please suggest what the problem might be? I try to stop the Extraction process to download an XPlane Southampton airport scenery to test if that is successful, but the X in a circle to the right of the TEGBS installation status strip doesn't seem to stop the process, so I'm stuck in a loop..

Hope you can help

Andrew

Hi Doug

Thanks for that link. I have followed that previously, but cant see where my problem is:

I have: 

FTX Central v3.3.3.0

189GB of free space on my drive C .

My destination drive D has 406GB of space available.

I have Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 installed

It says of the Decompression: "DO NOT ABORT OR INTERRUPT THE INSTALLATION DURING ANY STAGE!"

Clearly, since my PC stops working mid Conversion stage, there may be a problem now with that?

By removing the GB South scenery download from the download folder, I have been able to successfully download and install the XPlane Southampton, Goodwood, Cardiff and Manchester Airports, so it must be something to do specifically with the GB South scenery. 

Still, I cant see what's missing?

Andrew

Well just to try a couple of things:

1. Optimise your main SSD using the Win10 tools

2. Defrag, as required, your "destination drive"

3. Turn off all power management whilst installing, ie, let the computer run full power for the whole process

4. Install ALL the Visual C++ programs from Microsoft

I have a similar configuration to yours and the whole process from start to finish took about 5 hours, with no problems for either South or Central.

Hi Fizzelle

Done that.

Still have the problem. What appears to be happening is that the Converting process starts ok, but it gets slower and slower until its converting only about 20 files in one hour!

The PC gets very slow, mouse movement is slow with bursts of progress then pause then more progress.

I have increased disk space on Drive C to 275GB but still no improvement.

Dont know what to do.

Andrew

Bummer! Ok try this. Download a second copy of Xplane from the instaĺler and make sure it's validated. Run it once and exit. Then run FTX Central again, pointing to the second instaļation when it asks for the installation. 

Report back!

PS. MAKE SURE at least treble the installation disk requirements are available before the install. 

Fizzelle

I'm confused. My problem is with FTX Central when it's downloading TrueEarth GB South and Central. I'm having no problem with XPlane which runs fine.

My problem is that after downloading TrueEarth GB and then FTX Central Extracting and  Installing it, when FTX Central starts going through its 'Converting' process it slows the PC down to an almost stop. This has not happened when installing any XPlane ORBX airport scenery like Southampton, Goodwood, Cardiff and Manchester Airports which install and run within XPlane just fine. 

I dont understand how downloading another installation of the XPlane program has anything to do with the functions of FTX Central TrueEarth GB downloads?

Am I being dim?

Thanks for your kind assistance.

Andrew

You are far from being dim! FTX is a bit of a kludge in it's current iteration.  It's sensitive to your configuration which is why I suggested a second install. 

The de-compression algorithm quite rightly demands the full attention of the CPU. Other programs, such as NVCompress, allow you to specify a split in priority between CPU and GPU, thus making things a little less painful.

I'm just talking from experience here, and 30+ years of IT experience.  From this point, if it were me, I would install Plane on a new formatted drive or partition, and then try reinstalling, having first updated the basic etc pre-requisites. 

Also, on this forum, Nick Cooper has provided a link to download a manual decompression tool that you can try if all else fails. In that case, you will need to have downloaded the full zip file first.

I'd give more info bit I'm on my phone away from the poorer and don't get back for a day or so, and can't help further right now. Give what I said a try, then w can see later if not resolved when I get back.

Good luck mate.

H Fizzelle

Hopeless!

Followed your instructions. Downloaded XPlane again,

Installed xPlane 2 in a separate area, opened it, updated it and closed.

Started FTX Central again with XPlane2 selected

Started install from my downloaded zip file.

It ran through all stages, but in Conversion stage, it reached 42% converted after 18 hours and ground to a stop.

Previous to that I had tried to install TE South again into the Xplane installation 1. In the Conversion stage I managed (with much excitement) to get it to 3 files from the 'total to be converted'....... and it stopped and wouldnt convert the last 3 files!

I tried to install TE Central into Xplane installation 1. In the Conversion stage I again managed to get it to 3 files from the total to be converted....... and it also stopped and wouldn't convert the last 3 files!!

Ridiculous!!!

I have 253GB of free space on my C: drive where the XPlane 2 install is located. I am pointing the FTX Settings 'Temp Download Location' to my D: drive with 445GB of free space available. 

Then I got an error report when opening FTX saved to my desktop as follows:

2017-03-23_01-01-39-AM 3.1.0.2] - System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 119.9.8.172:443
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request)
   at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)
   at PusherClient.HttpAuthorizer.Authorize(String channelName, String socketId)
   at PusherClient.Pusher.SubscribeToChannel(ChannelTypes type, String channelName)
   at PusherClient.Pusher.SubscribeExistingChannels()
   at PusherClient.Pusher._connection_ConnectionStateChanged(Object sender, ConnectionState state)
   at PusherClient.Connection.ChangeState(ConnectionState state)
   at PusherClient.Connection.ParseConnectionEstablished(String data)
   at WebSocket4Net.WebSocket.ExecuteCommand(WebSocketCommandInfo commandInfo)
   at WebSocket4Net.WebSocket.OnDataReceived(Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 length)
   at SuperSocket.ClientEngine.AsyncTcpSession.ProcessReceive(SocketAsyncEventArgs e)
   at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.OnCompleted(SocketAsyncEventArgs e)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.FinishOperationSuccess(SocketError socketError, Int32 bytesTransferred, SocketFlags flags)
   at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)
[2017-06-02_05-13-03-PM 3.2.0.3] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.Services.LoginService.<Login>d__21.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.ViewModel.LoginViewModel.<SignInUser>d__21.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
[2017-06-02_05-14-08-PM 3.2.0.3] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.Services.LoginService.<Login>d__21.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.ViewModel.LoginViewModel.<SignInUser>d__21.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.App.Main()
[2017-06-02_05-15-59-PM 3.2.0.3] - System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx\orbxlibs_EFF62E1CF8249EC2554F1C76771E523E\_chk1c1a842d-f58e-4c8a-84b7-60d1afda25ea.zip' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   at Orbx.Download.FileCollector.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<DownloadFileMultithread>b__1(Object sender, DownloadCompletedEventArgs e)
   at Orbx.Download.Multithreaded.MultiThreadedWebDownloader.OnDownloadCompleted(DownloadCompletedEventArgs e)
   at Orbx.Download.Multithreaded.MultiThreadedWebDownloader.client_DownloadCompleted(Object sender, DownloadCompletedEventArgs e)
   at Orbx.Download.Multithreaded.HttpDownloadClient.OnDownloadCompleted(DownloadCompletedEventArgs e)
   at Orbx.Download.Multithreaded.HttpDownloadClient.DownloadInternal(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
[2017-06-02_05-22-19-PM 3.2.0.3] - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx\orbxlibs_EFF62E1CF8249EC2554F1C76771E523E\_chk1c1a842d-f58e-4c8a-84b7-60d1afda25ea.zip.xcdl'.
File name: 'C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx\orbxlibs_EFF62E1CF8249EC2554F1C76771E523E\_chk1c1a842d-f58e-4c8a-84b7-60d1afda25ea.zip.xcdl'
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   at Orbx.Download.FileCollector.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<DownloadFileMultithread>b__1(Object sender, DownloadCompletedEventArgs e)
   at Orbx.Download.Multithreaded.MultiThreadedWebDownloader.OnDownloadCompleted(DownloadCompletedEventArgs e)
   at Orbx.Download.Multithreaded.MultiThreadedWebDownloader.DownloadInternal(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
[2017-06-02_05-24-04-PM 3.2.0.3] - System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: collection
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.Services.ProductRepository.<UpdateProductBuilds>d__23.MoveNext()
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.ViewModel.MainWindowViewModel.<LoadWindowContent>d__74.MoveNext()
[2017-09-19_04-45-14-PM 3.2.2.8] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Orbx.Common.Simulator.SimulatorDataProcessor.ProcessSimulator(SimulatorDataDefinition definition)
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.Services.SimulatorService.LoadSimulators(String directory)
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.Services.SimulatorService.Setup()
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.ViewModel.MainWindowViewModel.<LoadWindowContent>d__74.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
[2017-09-19_04-47-33-PM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Orbx.Common.Simulator.SimulatorDataProcessor.ProcessSimulator(SimulatorDataDefinition definition)
[2017-09-19_04-54-31-PM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
[2017-09-20_10-22-08-AM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-09-20_10-23-38-AM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-09-20_10-24-04-AM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-09-20_10-24-08-AM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-09-20_01-44-53-PM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-09-20_01-44-59-PM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-09-20_01-49-23-PM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-09-20_01-53-12-PM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-09-22_03-47-04-PM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-09-22_03-47-09-PM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-09-22_04-04-00-PM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-09-22_04-04-05-PM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-09-26_09-16-24-AM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-09-26_09-18-44-AM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-10-01_10-53-36-AM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-10-01_10-53-44-AM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-10-02_02-18-58-PM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-10-02_02-21-02-PM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-10-02_04-27-08-PM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-10-02_04-27-14-PM 3.2.1.1] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2017-10-14_10-06-33-AM 3.2.3.0] - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx\wls_8E64531E684B5EA4EDFEA8C2A1E1C77D\_chkebd743ae-ef9e-4fb5-8823-92df41e67e83.zip.xcdl'.
File name: 'C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx\wls_8E64531E684B5EA4EDFEA8C2A1E1C77D\_chkebd743ae-ef9e-4fb5-8823-92df41e67e83.zip.xcdl'
   at Orbx.Download.Multithreaded.MultiThreadedWebDownloader.OnStatusChanged(EventArgs e)
   at Orbx.Download.Multithreaded.MultiThreadedWebDownloader.Cancel()
   at Orbx.Download.Multithreaded.MultiThreadedWebDownloader.client_DownloadCompleted(Object sender, DownloadCompletedEventArgs e)
   at Orbx.Download.Multithreaded.HttpDownloadClient.OnDownloadCompleted(DownloadCompletedEventArgs e)
[2017-10-14_08-40-58-PM 3.2.3.0] - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx\wls_8E64531E684B5EA4EDFEA8C2A1E1C77D\_chk71e5b2cc-211d-42f8-9caf-6e51aefb9387.zip.xcdl'.
File name: 'C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx\wls_8E64531E684B5EA4EDFEA8C2A1E1C77D\_chk71e5b2cc-211d-42f8-9caf-6e51aefb9387.zip.xcdl'
   at Orbx.Download.Multithreaded.MultiThreadedWebDownloader.OnStatusChanged(EventArgs e)
[2017-10-15_01-53-00-PM 3.2.3.0] - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx\ensg_3CE899C96AF7944ADEDAA7878DEAC2BC\_chka40975f0-92ce-4c45-a12c-fd24e7f81dbf.zip.xcdl'.
File name: 'C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx\ensg_3CE899C96AF7944ADEDAA7878DEAC2BC\_chka40975f0-92ce-4c45-a12c-fd24e7f81dbf.zip.xcdl'
[2017-10-15_06-03-54-PM 3.2.3.0] - System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: collection
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.Services.ProductRepository.<UpdateProductBuilds>d__24.MoveNext()
[2017-10-16_03-42-15-AM 3.2.3.0] - PusherClient.PusherException: Pong reply not received
[2017-10-16_01-05-53-PM 3.2.3.0] - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx\0S9_249429D2BAFA0F73F4D74287B74F88E9\77945500860a7746548b970c8b7c8d09.zip.xcdl'.
File name: 'C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx\0S9_249429D2BAFA0F73F4D74287B74F88E9\77945500860a7746548b970c8b7c8d09.zip.xcdl'
[2017-10-16_06-01-50-PM 3.2.3.0] - System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'orbxdirect.com'
   at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request)
   at PusherClient.Pusher.SubscribeToChannel(ChannelTypes type, String channelName)
   at PusherClient.Pusher._connection_ConnectionStateChanged(Object sender, ConnectionState state)
   at PusherClient.Connection.websocket_MessageReceived(Object sender, MessageReceivedEventArgs e)
   at WebSocket4Net.WebSocket.OnDataReceived(Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 length)
   at SuperSocket.ClientEngine.AsyncTcpSession.ProcessReceive(SocketAsyncEventArgs e)
   at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.FinishOperationSuccess(SocketError socketError, Int32 bytesTransferred, SocketFlags flags)
   at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)
[2017-10-17_09-20-18-AM 3.2.3.0] - System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 119.9.8.172:443
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   at PusherClient.Connection.websocket_MessageReceived(Object sender, MessageReceivedEventArgs e)
[2017-10-17_11-21-59-AM 3.2.3.0] - System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartFrameHeader(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartReading(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security._SslStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead)
[2018-04-26_05-39-29-PM 3.3.0.2] - PusherClient.PusherException: Please reconnect immediately
[2018-05-02_04-31-40-PM 3.3.0.2] - PusherClient.PusherException: Please reconnect immediately
[2018-05-03_04-08-06-PM 3.3.0.2] - PusherClient.PusherException: Please reconnect immediately
[2018-05-03_04-21-09-PM 3.3.0.2] - System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 35.190.9.1:443
[2018-05-03_04-23-35-PM 3.3.0.2] - System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.ViewModel.MainWindowViewModel..ctor()
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)
   at System.Xaml.Schema.SafeReflectionInvoker.CreateInstanceCritical(Type type, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Xaml.Schema.XamlTypeInvoker.CreateInstance(Object[] arguments)
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CreateInstance(XamlType xamlType, Object[] args)
   at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.Logic_CreateAndAssignToParentStart(ObjectWriterContext ctx)
   at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.WriteEndObject()
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.TransformNodes(XamlReader xamlReader, XamlObjectWriter xamlWriter, Boolean onlyLoadOneNode, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Boolean shouldPassLineNumberInfo, IXamlLineInfo xamlLineInfo, IXamlLineInfoConsumer xamlLineInfoConsumer, XamlContextStack`1 stack, IStyleConnector styleConnector)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.View.MainWindow..ctor()
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
   at System.Xaml.Schema.SafeReflectionInvoker.CreateInstanceCritical(Type type, Object[] arguments)
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CreateInstance(XamlType xamlType, Object[] args)
   at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.Logic_CreateAndAssignToParentStart(ObjectWriterContext ctx)
   at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.WriteStartMember(XamlMember property)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.TransformNodes(XamlReader xamlReader, XamlObjectWriter xamlWriter, Boolean onlyLoadOneNode, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Boolean shouldPassLineNumberInfo, IXamlLineInfo xamlLineInfo, IXamlLineInfoConsumer xamlLineInfoConsumer, XamlContextStack`1 stack, IStyleConnector styleConnector)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
[2018-05-03_04-23-40-PM 3.3.0.2] - System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
[2018-05-03_04-33-53-PM 3.3.0.2] - System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2018-05-03_04-33-59-PM 3.3.0.2] - System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2018-05-04_10-10-31-AM 3.3.0.2] - System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2018-05-04_10-10-38-AM 3.3.0.2] - System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2018-05-04_04-14-34-PM 3.2.5.7] - System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.PartialTrustTolerantRuntime.CreateInstance(XamlType xamlType, Object[] args)
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.PartialTrustTolerantRuntime.CreateInstance(XamlType xamlType, Object[] args)
[2018-05-04_04-14-38-PM 3.2.5.7] - System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2018-08-26_05-19-51-PM 3.3.0.6] - System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at Orbx.Common.ProductConfiguration.Modifiers.FileSystemModifier.SetFile(OptionFile file, Boolean state)
   at Orbx.Common.ProductConfiguration.Modifiers.FileSystemModifier.SetOption(Option option, Boolean state)
   at Orbx.Common.ProductConfiguration.Modifiers.FileSystemModifier.Modify(ControlPanel controlPanel, SimulatorData simulator)
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.ViewModel.ProductViewModel.OpenProductConfigure(Object obj)
   at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
[2018-08-26_05-19-56-PM 3.3.0.6] - System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at Orbx.Common.ProductConfiguration.Modifiers.FileSystemModifier.SetFile(OptionFile file, Boolean state)
   at Orbx.Common.ProductConfiguration.Modifiers.FileSystemModifier.SetOption(Option option, Boolean state)
   at Orbx.Common.ProductConfiguration.Modifiers.FileSystemModifier.Modify(ControlPanel controlPanel, SimulatorData simulator)
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.ViewModel.ProductViewModel.OpenProductConfigure(Object obj)
   at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
[2019-01-17_12-39-32-PM 3.3.3.0] - PusherClient.PusherException: Please reconnect immediately
[2019-01-22_12-55-36-PM 3.3.3.0] - System.ArgumentException: Requested value '           ' was not found.
   at System.Enum.TryParseEnum(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase, EnumResult& parseResult)
   at System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase)
   at NgDownload.InstallRequest.TryResumeExisting()
   at NgDownload.InstallManager.Add(InstallOptions options)
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.ViewModel.ProductViewModel.<BeginDownload>d__80.MoveNext()
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.ViewModel.ProductViewModel.<RescanProduct>d__62.MoveNext()
[2019-01-22_12-55-53-PM 3.3.3.0] - System.ArgumentException: Requested value '           ' was not found.
   at System.Enum.TryParseEnum(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase, EnumResult& parseResult)
[2019-01-22_12-57-01-PM 3.3.3.0] - System.ArgumentException: Requested value '           ' was not found.
[2019-01-22_12-57-08-PM 3.3.3.0] - System.ArgumentException: Requested value '           ' was not found.
[2019-01-22_01-33-33-PM 3.3.3.0] - System.ArgumentException: Requested value '           ' was not found.
[2019-01-22_01-33-40-PM 3.3.3.0] - System.ArgumentException: Requested value '           ' was not found.
[2019-01-22_01-38-53-PM 3.3.3.0] - System.ArgumentException: Requested value '           ' was not found.
[2019-01-22_01-39-00-PM 3.3.3.0] - System.ArgumentException: Requested value '           ' was not found.
[2019-01-22_01-43-05-PM 3.3.3.0] - System.ArgumentException: Requested value '           ' was not found.
[2019-01-22_01-44-33-PM 3.3.3.0] - System.ArgumentException: Requested value '           ' was not found.

I tried to reach out to Nick Cooper, but he has refered me to Matthew Webb

After spending a small fortune with Orbx of the years and now a week of fruitless hours going round in circles, I don't mind telling you I'm one unhappy customer!

You support however is much appreciated.Please can someone get me out of this nightmare!

Oh well, back to starting yet another attempted install!

Andrew

1 hour ago, ampharoah said:

I tried to reach out to Nick Cooper, but he has refered me to Matthew Webb

Hello,

I asked you to post your problem in the FTX Central support forum where Matthew will see it.

He is our FTX Central expert and will be able to advise you on your string of FTX Central error messages

which I do not understand either.

You seem to have chosen not to do so..

Perhaps you could try my suggestion.

Nick,

My sincere apologies for the misunderstanding. I wasn't intentionally ignoring your advice since I reasoned that I already have a posting in the forum that describes my problem, so I thought it would be ok to point Matthew to that.

Having checked, I see of course that I had posted that help request in the XPlane forum, so I have in fact not properly followed your advice - once again I apologise for my error. I will start a new thread properly in the FTX Central forum as you suggested.

Thanks for your support.

Andrew

Archived