I need a bit of help

I know this isn't a support forum but my question here is too do with the defunct Real Air Duke which I fly a lot and I know some of you fellers fly it too.

I'm sorry to say mine after so many years of excellent service has developed a fault.  Its to do with the altitude settings.   For example, if I want to fly at 8000' I have to get to 8,500 to stop ATC moaning at me to climb to it.

Strangely, when on approach and have to come down to 3000', I don't have to add anything to achieve that steady altitude.

Its irritating, so can anyone offer some advice on how this can be corrected please.

Thanks and all the best to those like me who rue the day Real Air packed up.

John

I didn't know that at all flyingleaf.  I'll try that.  Thank you.  Even after all these years of simulated flying , I didn't realise that the B key was that useful.  The only time I've ever pressed it was when Active Sky changed the baro' and before taking off!

Thanks again.  John

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 7:24 AM, JohnY said:

I didn't know that at all flyingleaf.  I'll try that.  Thank you.  Even after all these years of simulated flying , I didn't realise that the B key was that useful.  The only time I've ever pressed it was when Active Sky changed the baro' and before taking off!

Thanks again.  John

Hello John. Just wondering if this worked for you? All the Best. K

It's probably the "transition altitude". In the UK at least, below 3500ft you set the regional QNH in the altimeter. This is basically sea level adjusted for local pressure. Above the transition altitude pilots set the standard QNH on the altimeter (1013). The transition altitude isn't static to make things even more confusing.

But basically hitting the "B" key regulary will fix it if you don't care about the theory.

I'm afraid no matter how many times I hit it,  hitting the 'B' key has made no difference at all.  It was also the solution suggested by my ATC forum.   Any other ideas please?

John

Archived