Problem with Aerosoft Madeira X Evolution

westbros

Hi all.

I don't know whether this issue has been raised here before, but it was certainly raised on the Aerosoft forum around 2 years ago. It appears to be an issue with Vector rather than with the Madeira X Evolution scenery. Please have a look at the following topic from the Aerosoft forum:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/120871-madeira-mesh-mega-topic/

The issue is with the Vector Configuration Tool. Please look particularly at point 4 in MK-Studios' posting on March 9 2017 (the second posting on the thread):

"What we observed running "FTX Vector Configurator" doesn't solve the problem as two files
ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl and ABP_LPPS_Default.bgl remain unchanged after using the program. So it's required to remove/rename
it manually every time you use "FTX Vector Configurator" (!)."

This bug has never been fixed. I have to go through this process every time I install a new scenery and run the Airport Elevation Correction tool, otherwise there are significant elevation problems at the 2 airports in the Madeira scenery, especially at Porto Santo LPPS. I would assume that Aerosoft's Madeira scenery is quite popular because of the notoriety of LPMA. If this is indeed a Vector bug, please could this be fixed so that those of us who use the Madeira scenery do not have to keep on editing files. 

Thank you.

Adrian. 

Hi Adrian,

I thought the Madeira developers fixed the issue with the missing exclude file in an update?

The relevant thread is here: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/131812-abp_icao_defaultbgl-files/

If they didn't fix it then perhaps Friedi's suggestion with the .xxx extension in post #9 works?

Cheers, Holger

May I add that strictly speaking, it is not necessary to run the elevation tool on "automatic" every time you install a new airport.  Run it once on auto, then as you add airports, run the tool manually for each airport you install.  This will prevent issues like the one you are having.

Archived