Norway, what a spectacular landscape

Mikael Cedergren

I was doing some VFR flying in central Norway around Bergen, Stavanger and some of the Orbx payware airports (Sandane, Sogndal) yesterday and while flying low and slow I started to think what an amazing beautiful country this is. So many airports have approaches that leaves you absolutely speechless, approaches with surroundings that many other countries in the world just dont have. Mind you I got this feeling from FTX Norway default and in most cases even without additional Orbx payware just FTX Norway default. This leaves me wondering why Orbx is not doing more Airports in this amazing country. I have already what is available (FSX Norway, Sandane, Sogndal, Notodden, Hammerfest) but there is so much more to explore. Very much hope to see more Norway in the future in addition to Bodo that I heard was in the works by non other than Tore :)

Mike

Well AON is ok for what it is, freeware, that said all respect and credit to the AON developer! I have it but honestly prefer the FTX Norway versions of the airports in most cases. There are a few good exceptions like AON Bergen, Bomoen, Stavanger and a few others but overall I prefer the FTX Norway ones.

What we need is more payware airports for Norway from Orbx :) Nothing beats small to medium size airports on small islands in the archipelago surrounded by mountains in my opinion, especially in winter.

ORBX Norway is beautiful like it is, there is also a few of Aerosoft one that fit nicely

Indeed Benny,

I have those AS sceneries working 100% with FTXNO:

Vaeroy,

Svolvaer x,

Stavanger X,

Alta X,

Vaernes 2.0,

TromsoX,

Torp Sandefjord X,

Bergen,

Norway bridges (from Free Norway)

note: although some of them are said to not be compatible with P3Dv4xx

Cheers,

Don't get me wrong , Orbx EU-Norway is a great product . But IMHO True Earth takes it to a new level , I hope at some point TE will be available for this region and for that matter all regions . :):)

Cheers

John

Archived