TE GB Carlisle

PSmith57

Hi, Firstly can I congratulate you on this wonderful scenery, However...…..

On flying over my local city (Carlisle) 2 or 3 things disappoint me

1. Football stadium has what looks like an apartment building where the East stand should be (and it should have a blue roof)

1273976167_carlisleunited1.jpg.d672aaa704e673f15ee78b9c5b2321d1.jpg

2. No Castle or Cathedral (Both Iconic buildings)

castle9.jpg.389dad6d3c42b832b194d25dd8b14c7c.jpgcastle3.jpg.89c34898050999d83a93bff02445e0ef.jpg

air3.jpg.ed083220844a3bb823ef0cb95c34d730.jpg

cathedral5.jpg.729eee7538d37544dd09eabb24ba9eab.jpg

3. Railway Station (another iconic building)

station3.jpg.acb20c00e8d9a5ba9bef2634dd91a0d8.jpg

4. Dixons Chimney Missing ( A listed building and a City landmark) also the mill building next to the chimney (now apartments) Sandstone in colour (In your scenery it's white and looks completely out of place)air4.jpg.8d716b6f1e17cdb7b848ef24b2d5a699.jpg

Everything else so far looks amazing (on what I've seen)

Keep up the good work  …..Paul

Take a read from earlier today from JV :

John Venema

• Orbx CEO
  •  
  • John Venema
  • Administrators
  • team_admin.png
  • 24,438 posts

TrueEarth GB Central is a region package and contains literally hundreds of custom modelled 3D POI’s that are shared right across the whole region. At some point we have to draw the line at just how many bespoke 3D objects are included in the region. The cost of having each model made is significant and if you compare the cost of having an airport produced and modelled, versus the huge modelling cost of a region, then proportionally we should be selling TEGB Central for about £200 or more.

But we don’t. We sell TEGB Central for around £30 and to be frank, that is an absolute bargain compared to the cost of its development. And we don’t stop with the initial release either. We have already made hundreds more POI models to be added to Netherlands, GB South and soon GB Central as well, soon to be offered for free in service packs. These are funded by Orbx not from the sales of the region but from our general income, but we do it because it adds value to the products moving forward and gives hem a longer shelf life.

So please forgive us for being slightly jaded when we see posts from customers who complain about XYZ building or, ABC shopping centre not being modelled, or a missing stadium etc. We completely understand that you are being parochial about your home city and want the best for it, but consider this - we have added new high rise towers to Manchester that are have not even finished construction in the real world yet. There are a least 5-6 major cities in Central whose locals will all want preferential treatment, but we have to balance it between including correctly modelled 3D lighthouses along the entire coast, stadiums, castles, stately homes, monuments, power stations, wind farms, TV masts - the list goes on.

It’s a monumental undertaking, and as I’ve said; very expensive to produce.

Finally, we are within our rights to add certain POI features to payware airports in and around the airport perimeter. In the case of Barton, the airport came before the region and there would have been cries of foul play if some of those iconic POIs were not included in the price of the airport. What came first? The chicken or the egg? Barton is 45% off right now in the sale, so buy it if you want the burger with the lot in its vicinity.

Try disabling TEGB Central and going for a flight over your local city. I am sure the impact of default will perhaps make you gain an appreciation of what you get for your £30.

Cheers

John

Archived