'Up to date' or not 'Up to date'?

Ron Attwood

I haven't the foggiest idea why I started doing this, but I found myself in FTXC 'Verifying files'. Although every region and airport said it was up to date,  an amazing number of them downloaded amounts varying from 100MBs to 320MBs! So I trawled though the WHOLE library. I began to wish I'd kept score because a majority of regions downloaded significant amounts and airports, once again, a whole bunch of them downloaded in the region of 30-40MBs. 

I am borderline OCD about updates and do keep a weather eye out for them, so I pretty sure I haven't missed any.

One to ponder perhaps. :unsure:

7 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I haven't the foggiest idea why I started doing this, but I found myself in FTXC 'Verifying files'. Although every region and airport said it was up to date,  an amazing number of them downloaded amounts varying from 100MBs to 320MBs! So I trawled though the WHOLE library. I began to wish I'd kept score because a majority of regions downloaded significant amounts and airports, once again, a whole bunch of them downloaded in the region of 30-40MBs. 

I am borderline OCD about updates and do keep a weather eye out for them, so I pretty sure I haven't missed any.

One to ponder perhaps. :unsure:

Hey Ron. I wish you hadn't said that. Now I feel obligated to go verify files. There goes my nap.  :-

Once again, if you decide to disable files, please use the recommended .bgl.off and NOT .off

or FTX Central will see them as disabled and re-enable them.

A far better method is to move the unwanted files into a folder.

Then when a product is reinstalled and the unwanted files are replaced, copy all the files from the

saved folder over the replaced files.

This will highlight them all and one press of the delete key will restore your bespoke configuration.

Archived