FTX Central not seeing FSX Installation

ba43

Hello,

I've come across this issue I'm having with FTX Central. I have an installation of FSX Gold Edition on my system and Prepar3D v4.3. I had previously used P3D v2.5. Once I switched to P3D v4, I now don't see FSX in the FTX Central options anymore. I'm seeing P3D v2.5 and P3D v4 as the only simulator options in FTX Central. I was seeing all three until lately and now FSX is unavailable.

I have uninstalled P3D v2.5. But I haven't uninstalled FSX. I use FSX mainly for scenery creation and object placement with Instant Scenery but now the Scenery in FSX isn't showing any ORBX airports, Regions, Global, Vector, etc. It's like it was erased from FSX. I do see the ORBX folders inside the FSX file tree but when clicking on the FTX Central executable file inside the scripts folder, it says the following: 

"Your current simulator could not be found. Please ensure your simulator is correctly setup in the registry."

Sorry but I'm not into editing things or tweaking config settings so, I'm not using any exterior editing tools etc. Not sure what to do but sure could use some advice on what to do to get FTX Central and my ORBX world back with FSX.

Thanks in advance,

Brad

Archived