FTX Global Trees HD V1.00

Sundancer

Hello Support team,

Just installed FTX Global Trees HD V1.00

During installation a backup folder has to be specified for saving the original FSX tree files.

Unfortunately NO files are backup'ed, I just noticed.

This topic has been addressed already, I just found out and seems to be failure in FTX Central

I am not happy with this, ...how do I get my original replaced Tree files back?

I don't say I need them right now, but it doesn't feel good they are not saved.

I am running FSX SP1&2

Best regards

Fred

Hi Fred,

I assume you are using FSX boxed edition?

If so, you can go into Windows' "Programs and Features", search for FSX and then click "modify". It will then show a window allowing you to repair your installation.

This will restore the original tree textures (as well as the original landclass textures, so you'll need to re-install FTX Global if you do this)

Hi Ben,

Thanks for responding.

Yes, FSX De Luxe boxed version and SP 1+2.

Let I make myself clear:

I don't want to restore the original tree textures, I just don't want files are lost after an installation, (e.g. in case I have to do an uninstall).

Global Trees is the only Global package I am using.

Is there no possibility you zip me the original tree texture files, so I can backup them myself.

Where can I find the (modified) tree texture files because I am not familiar with the FSX internal file structure.

B.t.w. After installation of the Global Trees I switched between the 4 seasons and it looked good, nevertheless I can't judge the risk not having the original tree texture files in case......

Cheers Fred

Archived