Exclusions in airports with TE-GB

Jon Clarke

I asked JV if exclusions would be included in the upcoming TE GB Central and his reply was :

"No we are taking the opposite tack, removing all our buildings from South airports and not including any in Central. Authors of Gateway airports need to start conforming to the XP11 SDK and adding exclusions to their airports. The result will of course be that any airports not upgraded in the Gateway database will be flat without buildings."

I am not very tech savvy in XP so I am now concerned that the removal of Orbx airport buildings is going to have a negative visual impact on the TE GB series. My concerns are based on technical ignorance so I am looking for a more definitive explanation of the consequences of removing Orbx buildings. Also exactly what airports will be affected, default gateway or 3rd party addons or both?

I imagine that noone wants to be seeing flat building less airports where buildings appeared before. That would be a complete turn off, so I need to know if there is a resolution rather than a "need to conform to the SDK" comment. For example do the Gateway released default airports conform to the SDK in regard to XP11 default scenery and it is the Orbx scenery that raises the issues?

There is no criticism here just an honest request to gain some insight into what the problem is and if there is a workaround.

Thanks

Hello,

as I understand it,

TEGB South placed autogen buildings on all airports without an exclusion.

TEGB Central will not do this and when the first service pack for TEGB South is released, it will not do so either.

This will mean that TEGB autogen will not be placed on any airports.

25 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

as I understand it,

TEGB South placed autogen buildings on all airports without an exclusion.

TEGB Central will not do this and when the first service pack for TEGB South is released, it will not do so either.

This will mean that TEGB autogen will not be placed on any airports.

I understand Nick. What i don't understand is the bit about "airports being flat without buildings" There is a difference  between Orbx placing  buildings on airports without exclusions and therefore causing duplicates and anomalies, and not placing buildings on airports. Does the "not" placing Orbx buildings therefore just leave the default buildings as they were originally in the default airport?

If so then where and when does the NO buildings (flat) come into play?

Hello,

also as I understand it and have observed, some airports have not been added to the "Gateway" and therefore have no buildings.

TEGB was adding buildings to these but in TEGB Central and after the TEGB South service pack, these airports will have no buildings.

OK I understand that there are many, especially airfields in XP in UK that are devoid of buildings because there is no approved gateway submitted addon to include into the Global Airports. This is therefore not anything to do with non conforming SDK aspects. It is purely that no airport has been approved or submitted. All Gateway airports included in the Global Airports are approved by Laminar and conform to the SDK and are approved insomuch as they are able to work fine with the default XP scenery.

The added Orbx airport buildings were not confined to those gateway airports which had no buildings, they were in many instances in addition to existing Laminar approved SDK conforming airports with Global airports.

Hello, please don't over complicate this.

Apparently many of the "Gateway" airports do not have an exclusion for autogen.

TEGB therefore adds autogen buildings to them.

In the case of a "Gateway" airport, this is not appropriate.

In the case of an airport not through the "Gateway" it is an enhancement.

These autogen buildings are not added to any airport, "Gateway" or otherwise, that has an exclusion.

In future, TEGB will not add any autogen buildings to any airports, whether they have an exclusion or not.

This will prevent introduced errors at "Gateway" airports but leave undeveloped airports without buildings.

hello there

any eta for sp1? even a vague idea?

or just "when it's ready"?

I realise the link was removed to one solution  but is there a manual fix we can attempt for our fave airports?

if not, no worries.

rgds

LoK

Archived