Guernsey Ground Textures

Ian Fisher

• 2 years later...

I have the identical problem. Uninstalling FTX England solves the problem. However reinstalling FTX England brings it back again. I have this problem in P3Dv5 and did not have it in P3dv4. Strange. 

please help. 

Rhett. 

Hi Nick,

I'm not sure. What kind of file should I look for?

I did uninstall the UK2000 Guernsey airport completely (compete uninstall and delete) and the problem is there. It seem to be a problem with the island and not the airport specifically ?

Regards,

6 hours ago, Rhett said:

Uninstalling FTX England solves the problem.

Hello Rhett

May I suggest uninstall FTX England with Orbx Central.

Delete or move your backup download from your chosen location.

Reinstall FTX England with Orbx Central, and test again.

Hi Smudger, Nick

Thanks !

I have finally found the reason for this Guernsey island issue . . . . after about 8 hours of trial and error . . .

Unless you actually have the Earth Simulations scenery (which I don't), don't untick the "Earth Simulations Channel Islands - Guernsey and Sark" tickbox for compatibility with UK2000's EGJB (Guernsey) scenery.

Rather manually disable the *EGJB* airport elevation correction file from FTX England as well as the FTX England mesh for Channel Islands (North). (I have FSGlobal Mesh installed.)

There are evidently some other files that are disabled if you untick the "Earth Simulations Channel Islands - Guernsey and Sark" tickbox . Sounds obvious but it seemed to disable the necessary *EGJB* files automatically which is why I unticked it. Clearly this is not the correct method !!

Now the landclass is "unbroken" !

Regards,

Archived