FTX unexpected error occured

BARTHELEMY

Hello

I open this new topic because FTX just have a problem.En effet I had to completely uninstall P3D V4.2 and all ADD-ON and redo a complete installation of P2D V4.3. Once this installation of P3D V4.3 made I started with all FTX products. And when I run FTX I get the following message: "An unexpected error occurred.Please send Orbx Staff the% Local / AppData% / Orbx \ ftx3.log"
You will find below a copy of the ftx3.log file.
Before sending you this message I went through the forum and found a close topic that recommended to use "Rebuild performance counter.cmd" what I did and the result is as follows:
"Info: Rebuilding the Successful Performance Counter Setting from the System Storage Store
Press a key to continue ... "
Even though I try to install nothing passes. Finally I would have liked uninstalled FTX Central and start again on a clean basis but could not find the application to uninstall ftx (ftxunsinstall.exe?)
Check your answer
cordially
G BARTHLEMY

ftxc3.log

Hello,

this is the error

[2018-10-28_09-37-42- 3.3.1.4] - System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Impossible de trouver une partie du chemin d'accès 'C:\Users\ANTEC\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral\Scenery\World\Scenery'.

such a scenery file path cannot be correct unless you have mistakenly installed p3d into C:\Users\ANTEC\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral

Hi

I've not install p3d into C:\Users\ANTEC\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral but

1-P3d.exe is installed in C:\Prepar3D.exe

and

2- the P3D  Folder is :C:\Prepar3D v4.

and the installer choice the installation folder  and you must accept or change so at this stage i take attention that P3D be in C:\ and not elsewhere.

.To be sure that everything go in the right way i'd like to know how uninstall Every elements of FTX and make a clean installation of FTX

Best regards

G B

Hello,

FTX Central can only follow the path that is written in the Windows registry and the error message

is suggesting that the path written there is C:\Users\ANTEC\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral

If this is not correct, you may be able to correct it by either editing the windows registry or reinstalling

the P3D client only.

Hi Nick

I've uninstall P3D client / Content / scenery; I've Reinstall all the 3. I've loock to the registry and P3d v4 is well in c:\ and in c:\Prepar3Dv4.I've launch FTX and I've the error. Here the Log.I send also 3 capture sof my registry.

Waiting for your answerd.

Best regards

GB

ftxc3.log

REG 1.JPG

REG 2.JPG

REG 3.JPG

Hello,

Thanks, that is truly a terrible mess.

My suggestion would be to restore your Windows Registry to as it

was when you found it and uninstall all of P3D v4.

Then check that all the P3D v4 files have gone from your C drive.

Deregister P3D v4 altogether and if the C:\Prepar3D v4 folder remains, delete it too.

Then start again, first create a folder where you want P3D to be installed.

If it must be on your C drive, then recreate an empty folder C:\Prepar3D v4.

Better to create it on another drive altogether.

The run the P3D v4 installer and use the custom choice to point the installer to

C:\Prepar3D v4, or whatever other folder you chose.

DO NOT allow it to point to C:\.

This should solve your problem with FTX Central and also prevent many further problems

in the future.

403/5000

I just unpacked the entire P3DV4; I deleted all P3D and LockedMartin files in
Local
roaming
Program data
Program files
etc ...
After cleaning the registry (with CCleaner) I'm doing a defragmentation of the C: \ drive before doing a full reinstallation of P3D.
I'll let you know that all this is done.
cordially
G BARTHELEMY

e

23 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Thanks, that is truly a terrible mess.

My suggestion would be to restore your Windows Registry to as it

was when you found it and uninstall all of P3D v4.

Then check that all the P3D v4 files have gone from your C drive.

Deregister P3D v4 altogether and if the C:\Prepar3D v4 folder remains, delete it too.

Then start again, first create a folder where you want P3D to be installed.

If it must be on your C drive, then recreate an empty folder C:\Prepar3D v4.

Better to create it on another drive altogether.

The run the P3D v4 installer and use the custom choice to point the installer to

C:\Prepar3D v4, or whatever other folder you chose.

DO NOT allow it to point to C:\.

This should solve your problem with FTX Central and also prevent many further problems

in the future.

Hello Nick
After following your instructions and put order as I said in my previous message

(unpacked the entire P3DV4;  deleted all P3D and LockedMartin files in
Local  / roaming  /  Program data  / Program files etc ...)
After cleaning the registry (with CCleaner) I'm doing a defragmentation of the C: \ drive before doing a full reinstallation of P3D.)

After a a full reinstallation of P3D it seems that the problem is resolved and the re-installation of Orbx products happen without problems.
I will confirm all this to you that the whole of the products which I possess will be installed completely.

best regards

G BARTHELEMY

Hi nick

It's me  again . Everything seems to return to normal except (for the moment)   for FTX GLOBAL openLCEurope the files is well downloaded and installed but at the end of the installation it is in pause and the remaining time is of 15h 33mn 32s and does not move . In the windows task manager  FTX Central seems to be active. But would not he turn in a loop on himself?
Thank you for your help and your answers

best regards

G BARTHELEMY

Hello Nick

I'm coming back to you because of the problem with FTX Central. After having followed all your advice I therefore begin the re-installations. By doing the installations via FTX Central the download is followed by the installation. All the process is done until the end of the installation or it stops and FTX runs in a loop without finalizing the installation. I have to download manually and use the other installation option via the downloaded folder and the installation is done correctly.
Looking forward to your answer.

Best regards

G BARTHELEMY

Hi, Please try this,

Install the scenery as usual, using FTX Central. It downloads and installs like normal, but "hangs" at 100%.

Close FTX Central at this time.

Find the "%user%\Local\Temp\Orbx" directory and delete the entire ORBX folder.

Then restart FTX Central.

Then choose "Verify files”.

Start Prepar3d, it updates the database and the scenery is ready for use.

Helo Doug

I got your message after having manually installed all the elements of FTX Global Range (Base Pack / OpenLCEurope / OpenLCNorth America / OpenLC South America / Global Vector / Iceland Demo). After trying again to make an instalation by a direct download I again had a blockage at the end of the instalation (screen "capture" .jpeg)). So I followed your advice by closing FTX Central and deleting the Orbx subfolder in the Local folder (path C: \ Users \ ANTEC \ AppData \ Local \ Temp). Then I re-open FTX Central and I do not have any more I can'nt choose "Verify files” ( screen "Capture 1".jpeg) .I have only a few files that have installed correctly via a direct download.All the rest I have to do it via a download manual from the site.

Best regards

G BARTHELEMY

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Archived