Solent Forts - TE UK South

Rhinorhino

I love flying over the Solent, so was sad to see that the Solent Forts are missing fromTE UK (South).

Gillkicker, No Man's Land, St Helen's, Horse sand and Spitsand would be a great addition.

I have found models for all of them on 3D Warehouse but have no idea how to get them into x-plane.

That is great news with updates on the Solent.

Thanks for making the sim great guys.

I can’t wait for the xp airport conversions, again day one buys for me especially Shoreham and Goodwood (I’m hopeful it will have the new Aerodrome they are currently building at Goodwood). 

Is there a plan at all to add 3d yatchs and small boats to marinas? Chichester and portsolent would look so cool with a bit of depth to the marinas.

Yes we will be adding yachts and boats to marinas and also thousands of static caravans all over the country.

We had to make a call between releasing it to you guys, or spending another 6 months adding everything in. We feel it is better to get to a reasonable level of POIs and then patch more stuff in over the coming months and years. Hopefully after a few years we will have covered off every POI request.

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

Yes we will be adding yachts and boats to marinas and also thousands of static caravans all over the country.

We had to make a call between releasing it to you guys, or spending another 6 months adding everything in. We feel it is better to get to a reasonable level of POIs and then patch more stuff in over the coming months and years. Hopefully after a few years we will have covered off every POI request.

+1 for the boats/yachts. I've been flying over the south coast of Wales this evening, and the lack of boats was probably the thing that I missed most.

Caravans are less important, but yes, I did note a few holiday parks that were missing these objects.

So in short, it would be great to add at least some boats ASAP, as that would really lift the coastal parts of the sim.

I agree with the idea of getting this out, though. Glad that Orbx decided to release, it's good to be flying this now rather than some unknown point in the future!

3 hours ago, robwhitehead said:

I agree with the idea of getting this out, though. Glad that Orbx decided to release, it's good to be flying this now rather than some unknown point in the future!

Seconded, thank you for letting it come out when you did.

5 hours ago, John Venema said:

Fantastic. This is what makes TE a day 1 purchase and I think you made a good balanced call on release, especially as wider release really uncovers what is missed in a narrow beta test.

As for "Hopefully after a few years we will have covered off every POI request." that is indeed hopeful - in the end people will see their houses as a POI :lol:  

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.

Archived