True earth GB South XP11.

Iain Emms

6 hours ago, david broome said:

Hi, this is what I see above Gatwick default airport with OrbX installed.

I have OrbX orthophotos at the very bottom of my scenery.ini

I have the overlay folder just above Global airports

I have the custom folder above airports (I will put OrbX airports above this I think)

I have only experimented a short while but as far as I can tell the scenery is displaying correctly with otho, landmarks and autogen.

OrbX have done a great job from what I have seen thus far having just experimented near London city to check performance and looks

I get around 45fps on my system (I5 6600K 1080Ti, 32GB RAM) over the city with objects on high (shadows and reflections off) Visual effects High(HDR),  texture quality max, 4x SXAA FXAA.

Cessna_172SP_1.png

The sequence of file layers that david describes is correct. Othos should be at the very bottom of the scenery.ini (or just above any additional HD or UHD global mesh)

The Overlay MUST be above Global airports and the Custom above Overlay. I would suggest Custom is just above Orbx Overlay so that your other addon airports are at the top of the ini.

Also remember that as Ben advised the London Landmarks should be above the Custom and Overlay entries.

10 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Downloading now....can't wait

Existing ortho - I know I can disable or remove this...great free up HD space

GB Pro overlay, if I disable this it will disable the whole of UK which True Earth GB South doesn't cover.  If I place entries for ORBX in scenery_packs.ini above GB Pro will this ensure compatibility?

Go to GBPRO/EarthNavData and remove the entries that are covered with True Earth

3 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

The sequence of file layers that david describes is correct. Othos should be at the very bottom of the scenery.ini (or just above any additional HD or UHD global mesh)

The Overlay MUST be above Global airports and the Custom above Overlay. I would suggest Custom is just above Orbx Overlay so that your other addon airports are at the top of the ini.

Also remember that as Ben advised the London Landmarks should be above the Custom and Overlay entries.

So you have the same problem. Zoom in on section below or be at gate and you can see standard buildings as terminals etc etc  Capture4 is now my current file and shows this still

example issues3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Apart from it being annoying as hell sorting this, there is no doubt the experience when airbourne is amazingly better.  My home airport EGTR area looks fantastic.  I can even see some features I see in the circuit when I am on my ppl lessons.  Only shame is church I use for downwind turn is not there but other features, tower, tall building is, so is amazing. love it in that respect.  I think I even prefer it when set to transparent roads in control panel so can see the true satellite look of the roads too.  Should help in the ppl nav practice.

after.JPG

Looks like I stumbled on the right thread. London with Trueearth is perfect. I can not overstate how pleased I am with this. I will surely be combing the entire of South UK with this new material and what an experience that will be.

Here is my scenery_packs.ini.

scenery_packs.ini

Everything In London seems A-OK. I am pretty sure the gherkin (therefor any number of landmarks ) is duplicated in 'X plane landmarks' and 'Trueearth custom'. There are no conflicts.  I am just saying switching the order of these files could be an interesting experiment. Am I right in saying the lower down the list the lower the priority? London bridge was not detailed when I had 'X Plane landmarks London' disabled, it is a beautiful model from Laminar. Other bridges on the Thames have not had custom models made as far as I can tell. Am I missing some custom scenery that would replace these with realistic models? That would be cool. 

56 minutes ago, nick-edw said:

Struggling like everyone else at the moment, here's the my version of the 'picture on the carton' and my .ini file what I am doing wrong please? Validation and conversion has completed and is happy.

Baron_58_4.png

scenery_packs.ini

ini-screenshot.jpg

OK So I just restarted everything without making any changes. and everything works perfectly now.

Looks amazing now it's working!

May I suggest that someone at Orbx makes a pinned post about scenery layers associated with this type of scenery. It took me three tries to get it correctly without the benefit of what one poster above recommended and is correct. The complication comes from the London landmarks layer and the Global Airports and if like me one has dozens of other ortho layers and cityscapes freeware and UHD mesh, ortho4xp and associated layers.

I for instance have now got hundreds of layers, mostly freeware sceneries and object layers.

I have had a little time to play and here are my findings and my method of how to get the most out of VR and Trueearth UK south, X Plane in general too but I doubt I will be exploring much outside the UK after this release because of the combination of a HD mesh, ortho photos and building placement. My test area was around Cardiff. My PC has 16gb of DDR3 ram @ 1600Hz with a 1080 ti and a 4960k overclocked to 4.2GHz. I must recommend the Advanced Rendering Options plugin to allow for finer control over settings.

I start with world object at minimum. Using the tool Advanced Rendering Options I set object density to 6 (max) and turn Extended DFS off as it seems to hit frame rates. Fog visibility I lower to 0.4ish. Setting 'object density' in the plugin gives us just the buildings so no roads or trees. 

For me VR suffered from some very distracting shimmer on the buildings without antialiasing, AAx4 seems to be a sweet spot for reducing this artefact without killing the GPU.

Supersampling (pixel per display), set by the Oculus debug tool, at below 1.3 seems blurry and above 1.7 seems not to gain much in the way of sharpness. I am quite happy at 1.5 with my 1080 ti at 65 degrees and 85% usage. Texture quality is high, I may tinker more at some point. Everything else, effects etc, are off/minimum. 

Now taking these setting to the beast that is London I experience a smooth 45 fps without stutter. Job done!

Archived