I want to have scenarios of Southern California

Allex56

Hello. I want to buy these scenarios of airports in Southern California for P3Dv3:

Oceano County Airport (L52),

New Cuyama Airport (L88),

San Luis County Regional Airport (KSBP),

Santa Maria Airport (KSMX),  

Bakersfield Meadows Field (KBFL),  

Mojave Airport (KMHV),

Monte Airport (KEMT),

Santa Barbara Airport (KSBA),

Burbank Airport (KBUR),

Fullerton Airport (KFUL),

Torrance Airport (KTOA),

Van Nuys Airport (KVNY),

Santa Ana-John Wayne Airport (KSNA),

Los Angeles International Airport (KLAX),

San Diego Lindbergh Airport (KSAN),

McClellan–Palomar Airport (KCRQ),

Las Vegas (KLAS),

Catalina Airport (KAVX),

Corona (KAJO),

Victorville (KVCV) 

In the Key Features of the package South California wrote that "365 airports have been upgraded!" https://orbxdirect.com/product/sca  Does the South California package contain scenarios for the listed airports? Thanks.

Hi Alexandr,

Welcome to the forums.

The regions produced by ORBX do include upgraded airports in the area the region covers.  All the airports you mention above have updated versions in the FTX Southern California region (as well as many more).  The airports included in the region products are a huge improvement over default airports and include features such as some custom buildings, accurate airport layout and placement of buildings and vegetation, animated people, 3D objects etc.

The airports are not as accurately or completely upgraded as a standalone ORBX airport.

Of the airports you mention, a few of them do have standalone "full" versions which have been produced by ORBX or are currently in development.

These include:

Santa Barbara Airport (KSBA) - In development

San Diego Lindbergh Airport (KSAN) - https://orbxdirect.com/product/ksan

Catalina Airport (KAVX) - https://orbxdirect.com/product/kavx

For more information and screenshots of the Southern California region:

https://orbxdirect.com/product/sca

Cheers,

Hello. I bought Southern California. I read the following in the Guide: "If FTX NA SCA is your first Orbx product, please go to our support page and download and install the current version of our Orbx Libraries, which are essential for the complete and correct display of the components of SCA: https: //www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs " . I followed the link and downloaded Version 180725 (July 2018) "Manual Download". In the folder in which I downloaded Version 180725 (July 2018) an archived ZIP file _fulOrbxlibs180725 appeared. I unpacked it, but I did not find the installation file. There are only a lot of zip files. I launched my P3Dv3 simulator and put the plane in several airports in Southern California, but they all are defaulted. Also I downloaded the Orbx libraries via the FTX Global Range, but I do not know need it or not for me. I do not know much about computer technology and English too. :(  What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Orbxlib ZIP.png

Orbxlib.png

Orbxlib.png

Hello,

you do not need to download the files, FTX Central will install them for you.

However, if you wish to install the files tht you have already downloaded,

please take a look at this topic.

I find that Google translate is very helpful for reading topics in other languages

and it can be integrated into most browsers.

Hello. I bought Southern California. I read the following in the Guide: "If FTX NA SCA is your first Orbx product, please go to our support page and download and install the current version of our Orbx Libraries, which are essential for the complete and correct display of the components of SCA: https: //www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs " . I followed the link and downloaded Version 180725 (July 2018) "Manual Download". In the folder in which I downloaded Version 180725 (July 2018) an archived ZIP file _fulOrbxlibs180725 appeared. I unpacked it, but I did not find the installation file. There are only a lot of zip files. I launched my P3Dv3 simulator and put the plane in several airports in Southern California, but they all are defaulted. Also I downloaded the Orbx libraries via the FTX Global Range, but I do not know need it or not for me. I do not know much about computer technology and English too. :(  What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Manual Download.png

Orbxlib ZIP.png

Orbxlib.png

Hello,

you do not need to download the files, FTX Central will install them for you.

However, if you wish to install the files tht you have already downloaded,

please take a look at this topic.

I find that Google translate is very helpful for reading topics in other languages

and it can be integrated into most browsers.

Excuse me, Nick, but I can not understand what I should do now, so that Southern California starts working? Probably I mistakenly downloaded the file in Manual Download mode. I can not enter the installation options mode because I am informed that the Southern California package has already been installed. If I delete it now, can I download it again via FTX Central?

If it is telling you that it is installed, then it probably is.

Perhaps you selected install and create a backup?

In any case, you can go to ORBX\User documents\Versions and delete

FTX_NA_SCA.TXT.

When you next start FTX Central, SCA will show as "not installed".

Select "install product" and all the files will be checked and replaced as

required.

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

If it is telling you that it is installed, then it probably is.

Perhaps you selected install and create a backup?

In any case, you can go to ORBX\User documents\Versions and delete

FTX_NA_SCA.TXT.

When you next start FTX Central, SCA will show as "not installed".

Select "install product" and all the files will be checked and replaced as

required.

Maybe I did not use the Installation options at all during the first installation, I do not remember.
Now I followed your advice and deleted FTX_NA_SCA.TXT twice and tryed to install SCA twice in two ways (I already have a backup and Download and install..... ) - without result, SCA does not work. What else can I do?

I don't know what is it scenery library entries for SCA.

I have the FTX_NA \ FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY,
FTX_NA_SCA06_CVX, 
FTX_NA_SCA07_MESH,
FTX_NA_SCA08_CUSTOM
They are in D \ P3Dv3 \ ORBX \ FTX_NA 

and I downloaded the Orbx libraries here these:

They are in D \ P3Dv3 \ ORBX \ FTX_AU \ FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

Orbxlib.png

Hello,

you should delete that scenery library entry and all the files that it points to.

Yourr scenery library shows that you have apparently created and placed the

Orbx scenery library entries yourself.

Please run FTX Central and wait until you see "Activating Orbx scenery" appear

and then disappear.

FTX Central will then write in the scenery library entries for you.

They should be in one block, all together and include the products that you are

trying to install.

Hello, Nick. I deleted the entry in the scenery library, but I did not delete the folder with all the files that it points to, but moved the folder with the files to another folder, because I was afraid that I would not be able to get them again. After that I run ftxcentral3_installer, which is located in the folder of my PC, but after that "Activating Orbx scenery" does not appear. Instead the "ORBX Download and Install" window opens. After that, I stopped trying again. On your website I read the following: "If you need to free up some space, uninstalling products is now instant, and you can re-install them at any time either from our cloud or your local backup copies." I think that if I delete my SCA via button uninstall in my account, then I can download it again. I think, maybe I'd better do that? It's easier for me to do. Computer technology kills me. :) Thanks.

What option I should to select at download time via FTX Central, so that everything is set automatically:

2) I already have a backup.
3) Download and install now, then create a backup for later.
     or ignore all options?

Thanks, Nick.

Hello, Nick. I deleted SCA via my account and then installed SCA via FTX Central. Before installing, I ignored the options. The sequence of events is as follows:
1) SCA started downloading on the page ttps: //orbxdirect.com/account/info/sca
2) SCA was installed and activated (activation displayed at the bottom left of the screen)
3) the folder _fulOrbxlibs180725 with zip files appeared on the desktop
I did not move the folder and I wrote the folder into the Scenery Cofig Editor list, saved it, and the folder in this list no longer has a red error pointer.
But still SCA does not work.
After that (for the experiment), I moved the folder into the folder FTX_NA. Now it is located D \ P3Dv3 \ ORBX \ FTX_NA \ _fulOrbxlibs180725 and again wrote the _fulOrbxlibs180725 folder to the Scenery Cofig Editor list and saved it. But still SCA does not work.
I have folders also:
FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY
FTX_NA_SCA06_CVX
FTX_NA_SCA07_MESH
FTX_NA_SCA08_CUSTOM

When the P3Dv3 starts, the window informs me:

Not find.jpg

I clicked the "download and install" window and started the process and I saw the left of the bottom of the screen that activation was taking place. Now I will open P3D and see the result. If without result I will do what you suggested by link. Thank you.

I deleted  C: \ Users \ Your name \ AppData \ Local \ Orbx  and C: \ Users \ Your name \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ Orbx. Then re-installed FTX Central v3 from the link on the Orbx Direct home page. 1216972078_.thumb.jpg.376b498fa1ae05ffc50daec73316e7bc.jpgThen I rebooted the computer and started FTX Central and saw:

I deleted C: \ Users \ Your name \ AppData \ Local \ Orbx and  C: \ Users \ Your name \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ Orbx.
Then re-installed FTX Central v3 from the link on the Orbx Direct home page.  Then I rebooted the computer and started FTX Central and saw:

Ошибка.jpg

Thank you, Nick, but now I'm interested in SCA. Can I now run P3D and see an airport in Southern California, for example, L52 or KSNA, or KSBP and see the result of attempts? I have made so many unsuccessful attempts that I am concerned to see the default airport again.

Oh my God! :blink: I assumed that with the SCA package I would get just 350 slightly improved airports in comparison with default ones. But with the SCA package I can update only what I bought from ORBX before. I did not understand for three days why the improved airports do not appear in P3D? I tortured you for three days! Excuse me, Nick. It's bad not to know English and computer technologies, but I try to teach English whenever possible. This situation with SCA was a good lesson for me! Please, remove this shameful topic. Sorry again. All the best to you. :)

Hello! Southern California is my first product purchased from ORBX, and I hope that this is not last purchase. I very like the screenshots of Southern California and screenshots of other products made by ORBX. I flew around Los Angeles, but I did not find landscapes created with great detail and accuracy: forest, mountains, river and ocean shores, beautiful small houses with red roofs as in the screenshots of Southern California. I saw only the default landscapes P3Dv3.

Why it is? I think, I bought the landscapes of Southern California for P3Dv3. Maybe I do not have something else? I do not understand. Please, explain for me what to do so that I see the landscapes of Southern California in the simulator as the screenshots made by ORBX. Thanks.

Пейзаж 1.jpg

Пейзаж 2.jpg

Пейзаж 4.jpg

pimage_0B8A5A1875823276196538852CF45D6F.jpg

pimage_2E40F682EA414D9A1A431F8C3F00DB92.jpg

pimage_4CD95ABFD153FC5AD9E9F02E39887E5B.jpg

pimage_3B7CBBE1FDA052A0880D72BCE5340B4E.jpg

I do not know if I have a library. Please write me step by step how I will know whether I have them or not and how to install if I do not have libraries. I do not know English well, so I'm writing through Google translator. This is slow. Excuse me.

Archived