black plates (patches) on lakes and rivers

Michel talbot

HI,

i have some visuals problems in flight with all planes. I see many black plates (patches) on the rivers and the lakes in all countries. I use P3DV4.3 , FTX global base pack, openlc Europe , North america,...

Is somebody has a solution ? Witch is the origin of this problem. I have uncheck frozen water in the menu of global vector.

Thanks for yours replies

Michel.

Hi Michel

Nick once told me that the frozen water in the Vector application should be left unticked as it was not working as it was intended.

To have frozen water and rivers etc, you have to tick the frozen water and rivers in each region that has it, such as Alaska, Norway etc. It works on each region but not from Vector.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2018 at 12:12 AM, carlosqr said:

Hi Michel

Nick once told me that the frozen water in the Vector application should be left unticked as it was not working as it was intended.

To have frozen water and rivers etc, you have to tick the frozen water and rivers in each region that has it, such as Alaska, Norway etc. It works on each region but not from Vector.

Cheers

Sadly this is not the case for me. I bought the northern rockies recently and black square galore for me. I am a bit dissapointed about that tbh, as frozen lakes and rivers are a great immersion plus in bush flying.

Hi guys,

That's not correct. The issue is that the automatic changes from open to "frozen" water, based on the local seasons control file, no longer work in P3D. It was a "hack" we developed for FSX, and still works there, but changes to the way water is handled in P3D meant that it no longer works in versions 3 and higher, indicated by the black squares etc.

That's why, for P3D users, we had to change from an automatic to a manual mode and added it to the control panel option to the FTX Regions: keep the checkbox unticked unless you're flying in the middle of winter and would like to see frozen surfaces.

Cheers, Holger 

Archived