ORBX leaves everything blurry on the flight

Use FSX-SE, ORBX Base Pack, Trees and Vector. At the loading, at the airport of departure, everything looks beautiful.

After the takeoff, and during the flight, the ground is very bad.
I noticed this happens when the Vector is active

The landing is very ugly, and I have to stop the flight and load it again to see something.

Laptop Dell, Inspiron. Intel i7, 8GB, 480GB SSD, 1GB AMD Radeon.

E195 Feeltere = 50FPS Full

PMDG 737 = 22 FPS Full

QW 787 = 8 - 18 FPS Full314160_20180812184557_1.thumb.png.2e08bc52e1ffa99c96960618cc560f37.png

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 18.16.27 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-18 at 18.16.27.jpeg

314160_20180812184901_1.png

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

You are asking more of your laptop than it can deliver, so it is not keeping up. 

Reducing your settings until it can and then finding the balance between what you want

to see and what it can deliver will be the answer.

fwiw, I think Nick's answer is the best you will get. Your laptop simply may not be up to the demands of the sim, scenery, etc. There may be a hardware solution, for example a more powerful video card. Are you using the latest drivers, or at least the one that came with your card. Are you getting any other symptoms such as stutters? Have you had good performance up until a recent point? Perhaps you added scenery or made other changes. Have you tried deleting your config.sys and letting the sim build a new one at its next startup? Have you tried to use the default settings? 

There are many things you can try, but again, as I wrote, I think Nick is on the right track.

Sherm

• 2 months later...

Cheapest solution for you, may be to get an SSD drive for your laptop. But, ensure it will improve your read and write speeds... i.e. make sure you are upgrading from a mechanical, or if you aleady have a SATA ssd, ensure you can install a PCie m.2 drive, as it may not guarantee full speeds.

......But again, it may still depend on your CPU, RAM and GPU. 

Otherwise, a decent PC is really a prequisite.

Also, update to P3D v4. My experience, was that for the same hardware, performance and looks, improved greatly.

Flight simulators are starting to look really good now, but.... it does come at a price, I'm afraid.

Just put OrbX / FTX on the back burner for a while. It will still be there when you eventually get a good PC. It will be worth it !

I would say an i5, a 1060 GTX, 8 GB of DDR4 RAM, and a SSD, is a 'minimum' to run P3D with OrbX 'full regions'. Anything less, and you will be seriously reducing settings !

While PC specs are always an issue, I had similar problems with a newly rebuilt system.  What helped me (obviously your mileage may vary):

• NO affinity mask - removing this pretty much single-handedly killed the blurries for me.
  • Ensure your Texture_Bandwidth_Mult is set high enough - for some reason mine had gotten knocked down to 30 - a search will reveal tons of guidance on the matter.

Archived