Black tiles at PAJN

Cruachan

Hi Guys,

Sorry about this appearing so soon after my somewhat embarrasing recent 'waves' episode. I hope this doesn't turn out to be another instance of competence found wanting...lol

epJuIJl.jpg

ZCTICil.jpg

wd0LOiA.jpg

I have reinstalled  FTX Global openLC North America, NA Southern Alaska and PAJN Juneau International Airport using the removing the relevant TXT files from the User Documents\Versions folder method.

I have forced a re-migration of the unified lclookup.

The Migration Troubleshooter reports everything has Migrated correctly. 

So far, nothing has worked and these black tiles are persisting despite my efforts.

And, yes, the four  FTX_NA_SAK entries in scenery.cfg are Active. Won't get caught by that again!

Regards,

Mike

Hi guys,

while the suggestion regarding Vector is correct as far as global flying is concerned it has no relevance inside of the FTX Regions. Instead, in those regions that do have the automatically "freezing" surfaces in winter, including Southern Alaska, P3D users should deactivate that option in the respective region's control panel. 

Cheers, Holger

Hi Nick, Smudger

Yes, unchecked...but, as it turns out, you were both on the right track (see below)

CrfWHsp.jpg

Hi Holger,

You've done it again! All the relevant regions needed to have that option deactivated.

NA SAK Control Panel: (I am using Black Marble Night Lighting)

9ANWui1.jpg

Result (1)

zGQH9gr.jpg

Result (2)

g13C4mu.jpg

The annoying thing is that I was aware that option should be unchecked in the Global Vector Config Tool but, for some reason, didn't appreciate that this had no affect inside the FTX Regions. Looks like I have learned something new today. Now I can relax once again! Chalk up another problem solved!

Many thanks, Holger!

Best regards,

Mike

Archived