KSEZ Elevation Problem

Johnny767

Hello gents,

I hope this is the correct forum to request assistance for my issue.

I just bought KSEZ yesterday*   

I have P3D V4 .3   This along with Windows 10.  I have update the libraries to the latest and have the latest FTX Central.

So I installed KSEZ and the airplane, but the runway and buildings are sunken. I did the following trouble-shootings steps but none have worked:

-- Ran the Auto Elevation Tool= no luck

-- Manually enabled and disabled the elevation for KSEZ= no luck

-- Accessed P3D  Scenery/World/ Scenery and  Global, search for Ksez files, removed and turned off the different .bgl files one by one, and tested=  no luck

-- * I increased the Mesh slider to the right on P3D, and the airport sunk even more.

-- * Lowered the Mesh slider to the left and the airport and runway came up (above) and almost looks normal, but some sides of the runway sides and airport sections have a "sink-hole"... meaning when the a/c goes in those sections it sinks.  And when near the side of the runway (near the cliff), you can see double layer of runways (terrain).

I am exhausted and don't know what's wrong or how to fix this.. Please Help!

Johnny

Hi Johnny

Let's please start with the basics.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

If nothing good happens, please post some screenshots and a copy of your active scenery.cfg file.

Cheers

Doug

On 8/9/2018 at 9:46 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Johnny

Let's please start with the basics.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

If nothing good happens, please post some screenshots and a copy of your active scenery.cfg file.

Cheers

Doug

Unfortunately, even following the above instructions. The issue remains the same. Here are some screen-shots:

Ksez1.thumb.PNG.e2461fd00578b3b81dcfe864c26fa6e0.PNG

Ok, please do a search in your sim root folder for all "KSEZ" files and post a list here if you need help with removing any bad apples. You are looking for rogue non Orbx KSEZ files.

You will need to use an image host to post screenshots.

1 minute ago, Stewart Hobson said:

You can use a site like imgur to get around that limitation.

Cheers!

Hi Stewart, can you do me a favor? Can you post the description of what files related to KSEZ do you have under

- P3D/Scenery/Global and

- under P3D/Scenery/Global  ( Some time ago I was 'messing with "auto elevation config tool" and following some online instructions to turn Off or On some files. I'm wondering if I deleted one of those files or maybe a P3D file from one of those folders).

4 minutes ago, Johnny767 said:

Hi Stewart, can you do me a favor? Can you post the description of what files related to KSEZ do you have under

- P3D/Scenery/Global and

- under P3D/Scenery/Global  ( Some time ago I was 'messing with "auto elevation config tool" and following some online instructions to turn Off or On some files. I'm wondering if I deleted one of those files or maybe a P3D file from one of those folders).

Let me check......

Westsim_AGN_KSEZ.bgl in P3D/Scenery/Global

Not following you with your second location.  Did you mean to post the same location?

22 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Let me check......

Westsim_AGN_KSEZ.bgl in P3D/Scenery/Global

Not following you with your second location.  Did you mean to post the same location?

Sorry, on the second index I meant: P3D/Scenery /World.

35 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Ok, please do a search in your sim root folder for all "KSEZ" files and post a list here if you need help with removing any bad apples. You are looking for rogue non Orbx KSEZ files.

You will need to use an image host to post screenshots.

Hi Dough, these are all the KSEZ related files I have under P3DV4.3 root. (see screen-shot)

1966639548_KSEZFiles.thumb.PNG.eaeefdbca468b2bda003ca6710c1d680.PNG

48 minutes ago, Johnny767 said:

Well, I was going to post 5 screen-shots but your site is telling me only 7.5mb are allowed. So  only uploaded 1 screen-shot.

You should also reduce images to jpg compression.  Simply open the file in Windows paint (or any paint program) and then save it as a jpg.  This will reduce the size down to around 500 - 700 Kb.  You can also change the default screenshot format in the P3D settings.  You can find a drop down list under Options/Application.  I would recommend setting this to jpg.

Cheers,

13 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

I'd be interested to see what files are in your FTX_AA_KSEZ\scenery folder.  There some critical files in there that may be the key to your elevation problem.  There are 30 in my folder.

Sure, these are the files I have.

NKNVGP6.jpg

13 minutes ago, Scott Harmes said:

You should also reduce images to jpg compression.  Simply open the file in Windows paint (or any paint program) and then save it as a jpg.  This will reduce the size down to around 500 - 700 Kb.  You can also change the default screenshot format in the P3D settings.  You can find a drop down list under Options/Application.  I would recommend setting this to jpg.

Cheers,

Hi Scott. Thank you for the suggestion. I just uploaded one in jpg.

2 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Those files look to be correct--they are the same ones I have.  Something else is causing the problem.

Yeah, something , somewhere.. I  mentioned this in my opening post:

- * I increased the Mesh slider to the right on P3D, and the airport sunk even more.

-- * Lowered the Mesh slider to the left and the airport and runway came up (above) and almost looks normal, but some sides of the runway sides and airport sections have a "sink-hole"... meaning when the a/c goes in those sections it sinks.  And when near the side of the runway (near the cliff), you can see double layer of runways (terrain).

Your scenery.cfg contains two areas with the same number and the bottom "default terrain" entry is missing.

So just delete it and restart the sim and it will build a new one. Then restart FTXC3 and it will add all the FTX enties, but you will then need to re-add all your 3rd party addons.

10 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Your scenery.cfg contains two areas with the same number and the bottom "default terrain" entry is missing.

So just delete it and restart the sim and it will build a new one. Then restart FTXC3 and it will add all the FTX enties, but you will then need to re-add all your 3rd party addons.

I deleted the scenery.cfg file, restarted PD3V4.3 and it has been stuck  for over 20 minutes at "Generating scenery file indexes..." 96%

Doug, No luck. I deleted the entire folder and it is still stuck at 96% "generating scenery file indexes..."

-- Do you think I could re-insert the folder and recover the scenery.cfg from a back-up and enter the words "Default Terrain" ? If yes does "Defaul Terrain" at the very end?

-- Or.. you can continue with any trouble-shooting you believe is best.

Yes, I have P3Dv4\Scenery\World\scenery folder.  And, inside  Scenery there is no entry for anything related to KSEZ

For troubleshooting I did the following:

replaced scenery.cfg from back-up,  added  Default Terrain entry to the Scenery.cfg, added the  Facilities sub-folder back to the  Prepar3D v4 folder, rebooted computer,  started flight at KSEZ  and only the default Ksez appeared , uninstalled Orbx Ksez,  re-isntalled KSEZ and P3D works but is still with the elevation problem

- Once again I tested with Mesh Resolution @ 5m , or slider to the far right and the airport buildings appear below ground with horrible ridges.

- Then test with various settings moving slider to the far left and the airport buildings came up (above ground). The airport appears normal until you go close the edge of the runway near the hill (or cliff). Once there, the airplane falls below ground and you (see) as it shows on the screen-shots I posted. 

Doug, I'm wondering where should default terrain appear in the scenery library? Way at the top or at the bottom? Below  ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC or above?  Or...? 

- Not sure how much this makes a difference but I'd like to mention, that I use Scenery Config Editor to set the different addons at top or bottom of each other. 

RESOLVED:  So, I added 'Default Terrain" to the Scenery.cfg and placed it as the very last entry on the Scenery Library. This fixed it.  

Thank you gentlemen for all your help. Dough thank you for all of your time.

And now...time to go buy more ORBX airports before the sale ends. :D

Archived